Retention 7 days a week above the falls?

B
beaverfan
Well yes it is!!!!! Just got off the line with ODFW and they verified that Sturgeon retention is 7 days a week above the falls (Willamette). Good to know, wish they would make it more clear in the regs.

S
STURGEON FEAR
yep i hear ya i had to make a lot of phone calls to figure it out

T
troutmasta
I'm stoked!!!:D

M
Marvin's Guide Service
good luck up there. dont get a ticket if you keep it on a off day.

S
STURGEON FEAR
Thats the beuty of it there is no off days!!

M
Marvin's Guide Service
OK whatever!!!!! I dont want to fight with anybody about it.
guess if you dont get a ticket then cool.

and if you do then guess it is up to the judge.

pretty clear to me that it is closed.
sorry if I have mad anybody mad, not trying to do that.

B
beaverfan
I have been sick, not sure what I got but I feel like crap so I still haven't called them for a third time, but I did send and email out, should have a confirmation email stating it's seven days a week.

S
STURGEON FEAR
Oh im not mad i just wish the state would figure out there crap and all get on the same page

S
STURGEON FEAR
In the special regs. It only states the lower willy below the falls for the 3 day retention thing not the upper

M
Marvin's Guide Service
can u find it on line anywere?

S
STURGEON FEAR
yes it is on the odfw page go there then to fishing section then look for reg. updates or special regs.

S
SNDSLGR
STURGEON FEAR said:
yes it is on the odfw page go there then to fishing section then look for reg. updates or special regs.

There is so much debate on this, if you know where it is then by all means plese post a link and end all uncertainty. I myself can't find it.

B
beaverfan
It says in the special regs that Sturgeon is limited to three days a weak up to the falls. It says nothing about it above the falls so it fall under general regs which is 7 days a week. It hink that is what he's saying anyways. I haven't had a chance to look again today yet.

H
HANKIII
Ii is legal to keep them 7 days a week because they are resident fish. Thats what trooper bob told us anyways..... I would still like to see that email....

S
STURGEON FEAR
i dont know how to post a link on this thing maybe beaver does he was able to find it too

M
Marvin's Guide Service
I was fishing on the channel yesterday, and when I got my boat out there was a state cop. he was checking boats that were hunting and fishing.

I ask him what he thougt about fishing above the falls, he said you can only keep them 3 days a week.

I dont care any more I know if I fish up there I will only keep 3 days a week..

Sturgeon fishing on the channel yeterday was ok I had 3 clients on my boat we got a 45 inch and a 47 inch.... plus some small ones.

S
STURGEON FEAR
ya and thats what the cop i talked to originaly said but after further review and talking to his super we found out that is true BELOW the falls there is no rules for retention above he told me to keep the documentation with me if i fish there and that will clear me or we can call the state super in salem and he will clear it up

H
HANKIII
We dont need a bunch of people in newberg anyways ?!

S
STURGEON FEAR
well i understand what u are saying but newberg is not the only place to fish above the falls

H
HANKIII
True,there is a good spot just above the falls but at the same time there is never anyone out of newberg so nothing to worry about... Last monday oversize drug me around for about an hour. :clap: