Report

A
abel
Bill Monroe wrote in the Oregonian this morning that a guide recently reported 90 strikes and 54 Steelhead landed in a day on the Deschutes River. I would say that these numbers are over exaggerated estimates. The river doesn't need this kind of sensationalism. It is already crowded enough.
 
M
Mad dog
abel said:
Bill Monroe wrote in the Oregonian this morning that a guide recently reported 90 strikes and 54 Steelhead landed in a day on the Deschutes River. I would say that these numbers are over exaggerated estimates. The river doesn't need this kind of sensationalism. It is already crowded enough.

It's possible....All you have to do is believe!!! :lol:

Who was the guide???
 
M
Mad dog
Sensationalism......thanks for the report!!! Maybe I'll have to haul the boat up for a trip! :lol:
 
M
Mad dog
Actually.....my brother-in-law fishes a tributary to the Columbia upstream of the Deschutes and frequently has 18-20 steelhead days.....One guy.....fishing from the bank.....Can a guide put clients on 54 fish in one day??? Ya, the right guide with the right clients......I do believe that! :D ;)
 
S
skunk
It always seems that the spots where I'm not at are on fire! I had a good day yesterday at finding fish, now I just got to get good at not spooking them. These low water steelies seem to have movement radar in high alert.
 
A
abel
Mad Dog, Looks like you bit. You are welcome for the report, but no secret as it was in the largest newspaper in the state. Good luck. Hope you catch 100.
 
M
Mad dog
abel said:
Mad Dog, Looks like you bit. You are welcome for the report, but no secret as it was in the largest newspaper in the state. Good luck. Hope you catch 100.

Ha,ha...you suck dude!!! ;) :lol:
 
Last edited:
M
Mad dog
My biggest problem with a story like this is that a guide could get two clients together in a boat that could actually hook 54 fish!!! :lol:
 
M
Mad dog
Mad dog said:
My biggest problem with a story like this is that a guide could get two clients together in a boat that could actually hook 54 fish!!! :lol:

Or that Bill Monroe can actually report the story correctly!!! 5 for 9.....54 for 90......:lol: :D :rolleyes:

What's the problem Abel??? Not catching enough fish this summer! :think: :lol:
 
G
GDBrown
If I remember the report correctly he mentions that Grant McOmie was filming a piece for his Outdoors segments on the news. I know the McOmie's and they seem to always be successful when they are with a guide. I'll be stopping there on my way back from Utah in a few days and will try my luck. Last year at this time I was there and it seemed that everyone I saw had a bent rod and I know they were not all snags. I landed two fish in an hour but they weren't steelhead. One was a 18 inch RedSide and the other was a bass.

GD
from Utah
 
C
capblack
abel said:
Bill Monroe wrote in the Oregonian this morning that a guide recently reported 90 strikes and 54 Steelhead landed in a day on the Deschutes River. I would say that these numbers are over exaggerated estimates. The river doesn't need this kind of sensationalism. It is already crowded enough.

if you think the river is already to crowded, why did you start another thread about it??
 
M
Mad dog
This thread is useless without pic's!!! :lol:
 
C
capblack
i believe it, i saw a guy pulling a drifter out of the deschutes the other day, and the steelhead were stacked in his truck like cord wood
 

Similar threads

The Guides Forecast
2 3
Replies
47
Views
10K
The Guides Forecast
The Guides Forecast
troutdude
Replies
2
Views
527
pcstock
P
troutdude
Replies
0
Views
1K
troutdude
troutdude
F
Replies
2
Views
949
O. mykiss
O. mykiss
troutdude
Replies
4
Views
1K
LazyBrewer
LazyBrewer
Top Bottom