Report from Paulina?

T
trout37
Heading up there next weekend and just wondering if anyone has been there recently.
Thanks in advance.

J
jtazzi
went there two weeks ago....not too great,caught lots of little suckers from the shore but trolling only yielded a small rainbow trout

T
tbox
Probably a little late. I was there this last saturday, 8/22. Very nice hot day with minimal wind. We trolled around all day with some home made "wedding rings", and threw some jigs at the jumpers. didn't catch anything but some chub, and some very small trout. I did see someone catch a kokanee jigging, but that was the one and only time. Beautiful lake but I hear East lake is a bit better right now...

R
rainbowfisherman
was there couple weekends ago cough quiet a bit of brown trout

J
jtazzi
what were u using to catch them? i tried everything i had but nothing...

T
trout37
Still planning to go this weekend. Good to hear that someone is catching brown trout as that will be what I'm focusing on catching.
Was it crowded up there?

J
JeeperGal
Bad news for you

Oregon Department of Human Services issues a health advisory for Paulina Lake - OregonLive.com

Oregon Department of Human Services issues a health advisory for Paulina Lake
by The Oregonian
Thursday August 27, 2009, 11:29 AM

Abnormally high algae levels in Paulina Lake have led the Oregon Department of Human Services and the Deschutes County Health Department to issue a health advisory.

Water monitoring revealed blue-green algae in the lake, which is located about 25 miles south of Bend in the caldera of Newberry Volcano. According to Curtis Cude of DHS, these algae can create toxins that are harmful to humans and animals.

Skin contact with the water is dangerous, and drinking it is particularly hazardous. Cude says that boiling, filtering or treating the water has no effect on its safety.

Exposure to these toxins can elicit symptoms such as numbness, tingling and dizziness and cause breathing or heart problems. Children and pets are especially at risk.

Authorities say that recreational activities around the lake are still safe, as is boating, provided vessels travel at speeds that don't create excessive water spray. DHS says the public will be alerted when the safety advisory is withdrawn.

For more information, contact DHS toll-free at 1-877-290-6767.

T
trout37
dang it... off to find another lake...

M
Mike123
October :)