Regs on skirts?

B
Big3d
Are skirts considered bait since they are rubber? I just want to make sure i know if I can toss it in the water or not.

Reactions: OnTheFly
T
TTFishon
I don't know but that's a good question cause I can't believe they consider rubber worms bait. Pretty lame.

E
eugene1
Bait is live or dead animal matter. Rubber isn't bait. I think your good to go!

T
the_intimidator03
eugene... the regs do consider soft plastics as bait

AS for the use of rubber skirts it is a good question

E
eugene1
Huh, OK. I guess I'm out of my element, so I'll keep watching here. Sorry for the bad info,

T
the_intimidator03
it happens thats why its good to have multiple eyes

L
Lamzy
I guess I don't know what a "rubber skirt" is.
I wear a wool kilt does that count?
You might have some trouble tossing me in, I don't toss easily..
KiltedBob

T
TTFishon
eugene1 said:
Huh, OK. I guess I'm out of my element, so I'll keep watching here. Sorry for the bad info,

It's easy to make that assumption. I'd never consider a piece of soft silicon rubber to be considered bait.

T
TTFishon
Lamzy said:
I guess I don't know what a "rubber skirt" is.
I wear a wool kilt does that count?
You might have some trouble tossing me in, I don't toss easily..
KiltedBob

lol

troutdude
troutdude
Actually, after re-reading the reg book definition...I think that if your rubber skirt is part of your lure...then, it IS legal.

However, the reg. def. is still pretty ambiguous. If I were you, I'd snap a pic and email to ODFW for clarification. If they say it's okay to use, print up their reply.

G
GDBrown
troutdude said:
........ If they say it's okay to use, print up their reply.

And keep a copy of it with you so you can show the OFFicer when he checks you on the water!!!! :lol:

troutdude
troutdude
GDBrown said:
And keep a copy of it with you so you can show the OFFicer when he checks you on the water!!!! :lol:

Or, to take to court, to get your ticket dismissed! LOL

O
OnTheFly
I thought a rubber skirt was one of those things you slide down the line to shroud a swivel or a wire spreader to keep weeds from collecting while trolling especially in the Ghost Hole. I'm so confused now.:confused:

T
TTFishon
OnTheFly said:
I thought a rubber skirt was one of those things you slide down the line to shroud a swivel or a wire spreader to keep weeds from collecting while trolling especially in the Ghost Hole. I'm so confused now.:confused:

I guess it could be. He didn't specify. I assumed he meant the rubber skirt on a bass jig.

B
Big3d
Good Call thanks everyone. It appears though that it's legal on the spinner based on that making it a lure. I might check with them on skirt jigs though, I have them too. added--> I meant on a spinner or jig. Sorry my bad

O
OnTheFly
TTFishon said:
I guess it could be. He didn't specify. I assumed he meant the rubber skirt on a bass jig.
Just goes to show you how much I know.:confused: