Refurbishing drift boat, input needed!

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Pni_fisherdude said:
You do not want to apply the wetlander on top of the coat it. You need to remove all of the old coat before applying the wetlander. We used a torch for burning weeds in your lawn to soften the old coat. It made it a lot easier to remove. Wetlander will not adhere to any other coating properly and will not work the way it is supposed too.
I was afraid that might be the case.

my2labs
my2labs
EOBOY said:
After 2 years it still looks like the day we put it on
Thank you sir.

freednog
freednog
I've had Wetladner on my boat for 3 years and am going to do a touch up very soon (ordered it last week). It's still in great shape and doesn't need it yet but I have plenty of time drop the boat of the trailer. I'll be doing some spot painting and go after the trailer itself, which is also ~40 years old and has rust.

Casting Call
Casting Call
As a mechanical engineer, I am all for PM. GL Tony

freednog
freednog
Hooked Up said:
I was afraid that might be the case.
We used 2 angle grinders with flappy disk wheels to remove the 30+ years worth of miscellaneous marine paint and epoxy. Took 3 hours and was a huge mess. When I get lung cancer, this is probably why. (yes, I wore a good respirator) But when you get that final coat of wetlander on, it's amazing.

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
freednog said:
We used 2 angle grinders with flappy disk wheels to remove the 30+ years worth of miscellaneous marine paint and epoxy. Took 3 hours and was a huge mess. When I get lung cancer, this is probably why. (yes, I wore a good respirator) But when you get that final coat of wetlander on, it's amazing.
I did the same thing with my boat, what a mess. Wish I had put Wetlander on. With fishing being lights out right now :D it might be a good time to redo it.