Reedsport/N Winchester

T
Thuggin4Life
going salmon fishing sunday morning was wondering if any one knows how they are doing down there. heard they are doing alright down there and many jacks being caught. hopefully the rain will bring a flush of em in. also the regs kinda confused me. can you keep a clipped coho? and it looked like you can keep a native nook? could some one inturpret the regs for me? also any advice would be nice second time fishing tide water first time with my boat and my own gear.

T
Thuggin4Life
guees im just goin to have to keep everything and fill theboa up with meat hope i dont break any laws.

K
Kodiak
No Keeping naitive coho, clipped you can bonk, chinook, 1 naitive/day.

T
Thuggin4Life
so it is 2 chinook a day and 1 can be nate. what about jacks? are they part of the 2 a day? also can you get a nook a coho and then another nook? or is it just two legal salmon a day and you are done?

K
Kodiak
Only one fall nook per day period, 5 per year. 2 fish total, 5 jacks in adition. IF you hit your 5 jacks first then you are done.

Troutski
Troutski
Waste of time...

Waste of time...

No reason to trek all the way down there for fish....that river sucks. Might as well stay home and prune the trees...

Chuck

None what so ever...;)

B
Bfishin
Troutski said:
No reason to trek all the way down there for fish....that river sucks. Might as well stay home and prune the trees...

Chuck

None what so ever...;)

Dang you Troutski! We're leaving at 3am and I can't sleep. I'm freakin stoked! That first one looks near the 40lb mark. Hog status

T
Thuggin4Life
Troutski said:

Chuck

None what so ever...;)

Had i seen you post brfore the trip i would have stayed home to do yard work for sure.

T
Thunderfoot
I went to Winchester Bay last weekend

I went to Winchester Bay last weekend

I went to Winchester Bay last weekend but being my first time I caught nothing. But seen two caught and was told to bounce the bottom or your waisting your time. I was told by the Wildlife Counter that he had checked in many fish.

I would like to learn the secrets myself so he could count my fish. This learning curve is killing me....

:pray:

A
autofisher
From the times that I went out in the bay, our best luck was bouncin the bottom. When we went past the bar, we had our best luck around 300 feet moving north and south.

T
tbox
Troutski said:

Chuck

None what so ever...;)

Geeeeez troutski, you gotta be buffed to lift a fish like that!

T
Thunderfoot
Thank you, in this day (and my age) I don't have a lot of learning curve left. I hope this sight will give me timely advice and put me onto some fish...

:(

H
Halfthrive
Kodiak said:
Only one fall nook per day period, 5 per year. 2 fish total, 5 jacks in adition. IF you hit your 5 jacks first then you are done.

That would be 1 UNCLIPPED nook daily and 10 UNCLIPPED nooks annually, normal regs on clipped fish. I don't know where you herd that you done after 5 jacks, its just not true.

B
Bfishin
1 native per day. Only 5 natives a year. You don't have to tag Jacks. 2 Adults per day as long as they're not both native.

H
Halfthrive
My bad my bad I didn't read far enough down the page.