Reduced to tears

S
Scotsman70
Just kidding; I'm a little stronger than that.

Another quiet morning on the Sandy.
I started my journey at Camp Collins and ended up around Dodge Park / Garbage hole.
With a song in my heart and my grand-daddys ol' Fenwick, a fishin' we will go.
"Not so fast" said a little voice; Murphy and his Law, reared up and placed a hex on the whole business.
Imagine if you will, not touching a level wind reel in about 15 years. Well about four casts into it, the MOTHER OF ALL RATSNESTS threatened to slice off my thumb. Thus ended the lesson. Murphy, laughed his tiny Irish arse off.
Fear not dear reader. I did have the good sense to bring another rod, my spinning outfit, and so was able to finish my journey.
Anecdotal as it is, the day was beautiful the river looked great, but alas no fish for my dinner.:lol::lol:

Reactions: skunk
M
mgdguy
That's a bummer man!

S
skunk
Awww, the dreaded ratsnest. I had one the other day that put me back in the vehicle in frustration.

M
metalfisher76
The only level wind I was ever able to cast was the 5600 abu. Got the 6500 and stunk it up bad! SOLD!

C
chrishophoto
Over the last two years, I've gotten pretty good at casting my level wind setup, and very rarely get backlash anymore. Unfortunately this does not translate into catching fish. I have still never caught a steelhead. :(

P
plumb2fish
the MOTHER OF ALL RATSNESTS threatened to slice off my thumb.

scotsman,
Once you get proficient with that bait caster, you will refer to it as "professional over-run" lol

M
markasd
Hate a bad ratsnest.. hate a good one for that matter!

Good read... keep after em.

Top Bottom