Red flag warning issued by National Weather Service

troutdude
troutdude
HISTORIC WIND EVENT TO HIT PACIFIC NORTHWEST MONDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY. THIS TYPE EVENT OCCURS "2 TO 4 TIMES" IN A 100 YEAR PERIOD

WINDS MORE TYPICALLY ASSOCIATED WITH WINTER STORM SYSTEMS WILL BE SEEN. THESE WINDS ARE LIKELY TO REACH ABOVE 50 MILES AN HOUR IN THE SOUTHERN OREGON CASCADES, AND ABOVE 70 MILES AN HOUR FOR THE CENTRAL AND NORTHERN OREGON CASCADES.

RARE TO SEE IN SEPTEMBER HIGH WIND WARNINGS AND WATCHES HAVE BEEN ISSUED FOR NORTHERN AND EASTERN OREGON.

UNPRECEDENTED ISSUANCE OF RED FLAG WARNINGS FOR ALL AREAS WEST OF THE CASCADES FROM NORTHERN CALIFORNIA TO THE CANADIAN BORDER.

For more information: https://www.weather.gov/pqr/?fbclid=IwAR196qwJ_F1Vl9ORixGelYCG9tx3wEQu9cKkuyT8vZwLp_3ZeOI8oCIS9lo

PhoFish
PhoFish
Thanks for the information @troutdude - guess I will cut my trip short tomorrow - though it doesn't look like the high winds come in until after 5pm.​

Reactions: troutdude
E
Eazy-E
They are saying Mill City/Gates has all burnt up.. was just there fishing on Saturday, how unfortunate.

hobster
hobster
Eazy E huh? Man I’ve been listening to NWA since 88 when that album came out👍

These winds have wreaked havoc. Bad fires in Roseburg area and my beautiful McKenzie is torching. Blue River looks to be destroyed and now evacuations in Marcola. Getting scary! Had to quit working outside today even with a mask on, snowing ashes and horrendous air quality in Eugene/Springfield today. Damn I miss the rain☹️Be safe everyone!

C_Run
C_Run
Eazy-E said:
They are saying Mill City/Gates has all burnt up.. was just there fishing on Saturday, how unfortunate.
We watched a live stream from some guys in a fire truck up that way. Those places are not ALL burnt up but a lot of structures are gone, many made it, though. We are waiting to hear on my mother-in-law's house but it doesn't look good. Everyone made it out which is the good news.