Recommended guides and/or instructors

M
meluvtrout
John Vinyard is an instructor with City of Clackamas and is experienced in Clackamas and Sandy rivers. He teaches mostly steelheading classes and the last two times I went out fishing with him, I was impressed with his determination and knowledge. I'd recommend him not only to in-experienced anglers, but also to anyone who'd like to expand their knowledge and technique. He charges very reasonably : $40-$45 for 6 hours on the water. You'll bring your own gear and I'd recommend bringing breathable waders, cause there will be a lot of hiking (at some private poperties he has access to) included at times.

He also provides a Summer Fishing Camp for kids, but I'm not sure about the details...

His phone number is: (503) 632-7306

Admin
Admin
I want, I want..... Is now a good time for steelheading at Clackamas or Sandy rivers? Or we need to wait for rain?

F
FishSchooler
Summer camp for kids?! Is that the one on the Sandy? If it is... thats far away... If it were 40-45 bucks no equipment needed... That would be awesome.

F
Fishtopher
Pfft...45 is reasonable! Gear or no gear! Depending on the private lands he has access to! There are some terriffic spots on both of those systems that you just can't fish without knocking on doors.

Anatoliy; Some will disagree, but the rivers are loaded with fish right now. Especially the Sandy! The WHOLE Sandy;):D...Ya the rain will shove some more fish in when the river drops after the rain, but there are still fish in these rivers. Always is.;)

F
FishSchooler
yeah but I dont have waders.

H
Hawk
Dan'l Boone was a good guide...................butt a bare got him...............................har.har.har....................................:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
kilt a bar

kilt a bar

Hawk said:
Dan'l Boone was a good guide...................butt a bare got him...............................har.har.har....................................:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Brother Hawk;
I always thought Dan'l Boone kilt a bar on a tree and got kilt at the Alamo. History was never my strong suit in school. ;)
Barb

H
Hawk
Raincatcher said:
Brother Hawk;
I always thought Dan'l Boone kilt a bar on a tree and got kilt at the Alamo. History was never my strong suit in school. ;)
Barb

Sister Barb................Davy Crockett, Jim Bowie, & Travis died at the Alamo...................:rolleyes:

W
Webwader
Daniel Boone died at age 85. He outlasted the bear by quite a few years. :)

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
thank you

thank you

Thank you both,gentlemen. I did mention that history wasn't my strong suit,didn't I? I'm much better in the kitchen. ;)
Barb

W
Webwader
Kitchen vs History

Kitchen vs History

I'll take a repast over the past any day, Barb.

H
Hawk
Raincatcher said:
Thank you both,gentlemen. I did mention that history wasn't my strong suit,didn't I? I'm much better in the kitchen. ;)
Barb

whut are ye cookin' young woman (cutie) ???.................heeheehee..................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

H
Hawk
Webwader said:
Daniel Boone died at age 85. He outlasted the bear by quite a few years. :)

Wyatt Earp wuz bout 85 wen he bit the dust tooo.........................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.............................:cool::cool::cool:

his wife lived on&on&on&on&onnnn......................................:D:D:D............................:rolleyes::rolleyes:................................:shock::shock::shock:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Lasagne....mmmmmmmmmm

Lasagne....mmmmmmmmmm

Well,gentlemen,my family is fairly partial to my lasagne or pot roast with all the trimmings. They even had me make lasagne for Christmas one year. Personally I prefer the pot roast,it falls apart and melts in your mouth! :shock: I'm making my own mouth water. Bad night to have Taco Bell...:confused: :lol: :lol:
Barb

H
Hawk
YUM.....YUM......................i Love all those meals......................:D:D:D.......................:cool::cool::cool:

bout the onliest thing i don't like is calves brains & liver...........................................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.....................eeeeeek...............................:shock::shock:.............