Recent Siletz reports???

troutdude
troutdude
Has anyone been hitting the Siletz lately, for Nooks, Ho's, or late summers? How has the fishing been? I'm not asking for any secrets to be revealed. Rather, whether it's worth the drive over there this weekend (or not). Thank you.

N
Noahk
I had some buddies fish it Saturday and Sunday close to the tide water. They managed a few fish on Saturday but none on Sunday. It sounded like they were doing better than most. It could be much better this weekend with the rain. Thus far it sounds like it's been hit or miss. It would probably be worth the drive this weekend. Good luck.

O
osmosis
I have not been fishing it, but getting ok reports.
A friend got 6 fish, 5 of which were native coho.

troutdude
troutdude
Thank you for reply Osmosis.

It must either be red hot, or extremely slow...since no one is reporting in.

G
Goodtimes
Is there any bank access on the Siletz between the town of Siletz and moonshine park?

I
igot_it
We went out this morning. Slow. No fish for us but the boats that knew what they were doing picked up a couple. The fish are up river of Strom, but we had them around us a little lower than that too. We tried trolling but I had some motor troubles so we moved to anchor fishing. We tired bobber/ eggs, and back bounced some spinners and plugs. No joy. I'm new to the Siletz can anyone give me some basic rigging ideas? I was wondering how people rig spinners for trolling. Do those that know pull plugs on this water?

troutdude
troutdude
Goodtimes said:
Is there any bank access on the Siletz between the town of Siletz and moonshine park?

WORD: any water above Ojalla Bridge is closed to Salmon fishing (that includes the Moonshine Park area).

troutdude
troutdude
Thanks for the report Igotit.

You may want to copy, and paste, your questions under a new thread heading. You'll probably get more replies, with a heading like "Siletz help needed"...or something similar.

Good luck.

G
Goodtimes
Thanks troutdude. Heading out tomorrow. Will report on results.

I
ian1816
Any one been out on the Siletz recently? I was thinking about trying near Jack Morgan State park this weekend.

madasahab
madasahab
ian1816 said:
Any one been out on the Siletz recently? I was thinking about trying near Jack Morgan State park this weekend.

Well, I got one below twin bridges about a week ago...however, I was lucky from what I have heard from guides and people...give it a shot...your chances are about the same everywhere this year of poor returns... :(

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
There's always fish in the Siletz you just gotta no where they are. Try asking locals but I'll never give my spots to anyone I don't know

T
Tred
I will be there Monday and will report back. I am going to try down lower in the river.

T
Tred
Floated the town run. Started at 7:30 ended at 4:30. Boated 2 native hen steelhead and 1 trout. We picked up the two hens in same hole. It was sllooww from what other boats were saying. No keepers but a great day with my son n dad. No pics with natives I dont mess around with em too much just getting them revived quickly back in the river.

Reactions: SiletzTroutKiller