Ready for Eagle Creek.

T
Troutier Bassier
XMG50 with a Shimano Sahara.
Okuma Celilo with Shimano Symetre.
Couple hundred Corkies, ton of lead, few bags of yarn, 40 owners and were OFF! :)

• Picture 6245.jpg
brandon4455
brandon4455
wow man your set i hope to be getting to EC for the first time this year. you will probably land about 5 of em before i get one LOL.

Last edited:
T
tnffishman
with an arsenal like that... it's just a matter of time

T
Troutier Bassier
pretty sexy lamiglas though huh?

brandon4455
brandon4455
yeah thats a beast looking rod george

T
tnffishman
Troutier Bassier said:
pretty sexy lamiglas though huh?

Oh ya, I love lami. And I bet u can't wait to have that thing doubled over

T
Thuggin4Life
Time to put in some work!

T
Troutier Bassier
Yes, a lot of work.
The only thing I wish I could buy is knowledge, the knowledge of reading water, identifying currents seams and such. That proves money can't buy you everything...

F
fishingfreak
Are you going to use Bobber and Jig?

T
tnffishman
Troutier Bassier said:
Yes, a lot of work.
The only thing I wish I could buy is knowledge, the knowledge of reading water, identifying currents seams and such. That proves money can't buy you everything...

exactly, u can only learn that with experience. I know that creek really well, but when it comes to steel I still am a rookie as to where they lay in the current and such

R
rippin fish lips
tnffishman said:
exactly, u can only learn that with experience. I know that creek really well, but when it comes to steel I still am a rookie as to where they lay in the current and such

i have never fished eagle creek or seen it. is it shallow in some spots? and deep in the others?
look for shallow water flowing into a deep pool. as steelhead generly like to lay in the shallower waters.
look for riffles or big bolders, cast up stream from bolders and let the current work your bait around the boulders.

fish the seams! where flowing water meet up with eachother it will swirl around, food will be drug into the seam and that is where a steelhead will lay also.

T
tnffishman
rippin fish lips said:
i have never fished eagle creek or seen it. is it shallow in some spots? and deep in the others?
look for shallow water flowing into a deep pool. as steelhead generly like to lay in the shallower waters.
look for riffles or big bolders, cast up stream from bolders and let the current work your bait around the boulders.

fish the seams! where flowing water meet up with eachother it will swirl around, food will be drug into the seam and that is where a steelhead will lay also.

There are an ENDLESS amount of holes on that creek that fit that description. I think my biggest problem is that i usually depend too much on seeing the fish. This year during springer season I had to change that, and just fish. That tactic worked well and improved my success on silvers. I am just gonna try any little riff that looks fishy

R
rippin fish lips
tnffishman said:
There are an ENDLESS amount of holes on that creek that fit that description. I think my biggest problem is that i usually depend too much on seeing the fish. This year during springer season I had to change that, and just fish. That tactic worked well and improved my success on silvers. I am just gonna try any little riff that looks fishy

ok well i thought i would throw that out there to maybe help a little. there is a lot of streams that i havent reached yet. i got many more years to reach them to. I wish you the best of luck when u go!

T
Troutier Bassier
The steelhead I caught today was caught RIGHT on the edge of a current seam. :)

R
rippin fish lips
Troutier Bassier said:
The steelhead I caught today was caught RIGHT on the edge of a current seam. :)

word!