Razor clams

F

fishtales

It looks like a good tide for razor clams is coming. To bad the weather forcast calls for stomy weather. Just thought I would pass it on to anyone that might be thinking about going out be very carefull and watch for weather changes.

M

Mike123

What areas can you find razor clams?
I've always just dug for softshells and cockles...

F

fishtales

What areas can you find razor clams?
I've always just dug for softshells and cockles...

I have not been out for a Razor Clam dig since opening day. It is too bad the weather is bad this weekend. The next weekend I am free is December 5th and 6th but it looks like the tides may be terible for clamming.

If I can make it I'm going to go to Seaside and start at the mouth of that bay there. That way if the I can go for bay clams too.

I have seen a bunch of shows at the very south of Lincon City but I have never tried to clam it.

M

Mike123

I have not been out for a Razor Clam dig since opening day. It is too bad the weather is bad this weekend. The next weekend I am free is December 5th and 6th but it looks like the tides may be terible for clamming.

If I can make it I'm going to go to Seaside and start at the mouth of that bay there. That way if the I can go for bay clams too.

I have seen a bunch of shows at the very south of Lincon City but I have never tried to clam it.

Hmmm Lincoln City eh? That's a bit closer than Seaside for me :)

F

fishtales

Hmmm Lincoln City eh? That's a bit closer than Seaside for me :)

Call it what you want to call it I'm a freeking Clam-a-holic:dance:

I hear you I just don't know if it would be worth looking into the regs.. especially if I am not getting clams

F

fishtales

Strange day the weather calls for stromy beach weather making it dangerous, but the weather cams I just checked out on the web show some blue skies.

H

halibuthitman

Strange day the weather calls for stromy beach weather making it dangerous, but the weather cams I just checked out on the web show some blue skies.

Its been my expirence that crabbing within about two days of 15-20 footers pounding the beach is futile, the clams are just to deep... but its always worth looking just for the sake of a nice walk on the beach.