Ramping up for Trillium

W
wozniasm
I plan on going up on the 25th of May and leaving on Saturday to skip the crowds.
Did the same thing last year and had a blast getting out Saturday morning before the crowds and the rain.
If anyone else is interested, let me now and I'll let you know my campsite once I get a reservation. I'll be bringing my 9 ft pontoon and learned last year where the trophy's hung out. Well, at least hung out last year...
I missed out on a trophy but saw lots get them who were right next to me. Caught tons though and you can't beat the scenery!

Gunga
Gunga
Thats were i caught my first trophy two years ago but that was before they destroyed the banks in my opinion. I dont understand why they did that. I went last year and trolled in my raft using ores i caught a few but you can't beat the scenery up there when the water is still and you can see the reflection of mt hood and the forest in it. Hope you have lots of luck.

W
wozniasm
You bet you can't beat the scrnery! I fell in love with it within minutes of getting there. It's so close to me and the campgrounds are excellent with lots of privacy between sites. I can't stand being elbow to elbow with other campers...

Gunga
Gunga
I know how you feel. when i go camping at promatory the sites are so close together you have no privacy. ive only been going to trilium for 4 years and havnt camped there yet i want to though. I dont like how they redid the banks. I used to just be able to cast out 15 to 25 feet and catch em all day now i have to heave it out there to around 40 feet to get a little action. but good thing i got a blow up raft last year from my uncle.

W
wozniasm
I know what you mean about casting out from shore. You can cast 40 feet and still be in two feet of water. I had my best luck on the far side from the camp sites...
When I lent out my pontoon to a freind, at least I had waders and could wade out 25 feet to get into deeper water but I could catch a few small ones from the sid eof the boat dock and thtw as about three feet deep.

Gunga
Gunga
Ya its still a pretty nice lake one of the best. i can't wait to get out there this year . I want to try some new spinners i got. i remember last year i used spinners off the bank and that was the only thing that was catching fish. Plus i like using lures more than bait. not as messy and a lot easier to manage. And I dont have to wait for the fish i can go anywhere .

M
mthoodrider
It is a great lake! Too bad it gets really crowded at times. I've seen some huge trophies there, 26"+. If it ever stops snowing, hopefully it will open up by the end of may. As soon as it thaws, I'll be hiking in to do some fishing. The holdovers go crazy right after it melts.

Gunga
Gunga
ya they do go crazy. I can't wait to get back out there. the first year i went out there with my dad we caught 5, 19 inch plus rainbows. mine was the biggest at 24.3 inches. it was funny cause the secind i hooked into snapped my pole when i set the hook. it must have been running the oppisite way lol.