Rainbow lake

brandon4455
brandon4455
does anyone know anything about this lake and what fish are in it? i heard its fairly large and has some campgrounds

R
rainbowfisherman
Do you mean the one up past detroit?

C
capblack
its not very big at all, it has 4 campsites on the 4 corners of the lake, holds lots of brookies. its a ways off the beaten path, so there isn't much pressure. i enjoy the lake a lot. kind of hard to get there if you havent been

brandon4455
brandon4455
thanks guys. and rainbowfisherman a friend told me its past silverton i think.. not sure but we might possibly camp there instead of hebo.

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
C
capblack
Sinkline said:
Brandon, you won't get to it now unless by snowmobile. Just a few acres in size and it's a self sustaining fishery. I got within 1-mile of it three weeks ago and that was BEFORE the latest large snow drop!

Randy

nope, its probably 3 to 4 thousand feet in elevation, and will be snowed in for a while. as a matter of fact, we fished big cliff and detroit today, and theres still a trace of snow even there. it is not above silverton, it is above detroit, nice place. Brian

brandon4455
brandon4455
well, if that isn't an option it is definitely on my list. sounds like an awesome place. thanks for your help guys.

brandon