Rain Rain go away! :(

brandon4455
brandon4455
don't you hate it when it pours the night before you are suppose to be going fishing? bums me out knowing when we get to the river it might be brown and logs are floating down every 20 seconds.. on the up side,it gives you time to test stuff and see what works in those conditions,for example,i have gone trout fishing in a muddy flood level creek in late october and managed to catch 10-20 trout a day in a 3 day period with rain,wind and nasty water

Last edited:
M
Moe
I know man I want to go fishing in the next couple days but its not looking good.

C
colbypearson
brandon4455 said:
don't you hate it when it pours the night before you are suppose to be going fishing? bums me out knowing when we get to the river it might be brown and logs are floating down every 20 seconds.. on the up side,it gives you time to test stuff and see what works in those conditions,for example,i have gone trout fishing in a muddy flood level creek in late october and managed to catch 10-20 trout a day in a 3 day period with rain,wind and nasty water

sometimes stirring the water up is just what it takes to get them moving atleast in lakes, i can see where in a river it could be a disadvantage, but some of my best days are right after huge rains in the spring and summer, makes me wish those seasons were closer :(

brandon4455
brandon4455
don't worry colby,spring isn't too far away.. then mr bass will be in your hands again ;)

C
colbypearson
brandon4455 said:
don't worry colby,spring isn't too far away.. then mr bass will be in your hands again ;)

yep counting down the days, i will get "mr. bass" again before spring, this weekend maybe ;)
but i just want some heat and some hot bass action back! this fall was good to me i can't complain :lol::lol:

R
rippin fish lips
colbypearson said:
yep counting down the days, i will get "mr. bass" again before spring, this weekend maybe ;)
but i just want some heat and some hot bass action back! this fall was good to me i can't complain :lol::lol:

i just want some heat and those summer steelies to come again!

H
halibuthitman
don't hate the player... hate the game..... the rain is getting rid of all these *&%@%& leaves and prawn containers.... paitence...the river must rise to fish it on the fall-

C
CoastieFlo
When its high and just starting to get color (instead of tan), try plunking a spin glow along the edge.....like maybe 10 feet out. You would be suprised how close to the bank fish travel in those conditions.

C
Chedster
I can only imagine how many steelhead are starting to swim up my local river:D. It's gonna be a steelfest when the river is back in shape. Looks like some serious rain this weekend with possible widespread flooding on many rivers:shock:

troutdude
troutdude
CoastieFlo said:
When its high and just starting to get color (instead of tan), try plunking a spin glow along the edge.....like maybe 10 feet out. You would be suprised how close to the bank fish travel in those conditions.

Yep. Dat's right. The fish often hug the banks, during high/fast water conditions. They want to conserve energy, and hang out in the slower moving water.