Rain equals more salmon?

K
kwikfisher
Any indication that the recent rains have brought a wave of fish into the coastal rivers?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
kwikfisher said:
Any indication that the recent rains have brought a wave of fish into the coastal rivers?
Not that I have heard, at least so far.

K
kwikfisher
Could turn out to be the run that never really happened? There's lots of forces at work that could have negativity tipped the scales. Down in San Diego we would welcome El Nino warming and the exotic game fish it brought north. Unfortunately, the recent and dramatic deviation to the temperatures in Salmon waters might have been catastrophic? Hopefully what ever conditions that are required for the Salmon to mobilize and spawn, are just delayed and will normalize as some of these extreme conditions abate, if they do...

fish4food
fish4food
i will let you no tomorrow after 5pm if i have any luck

P
pinstriper
So, we had three days of rain and we're gonna interpret the next 2 days catch as a barometer for the run ?

K
kwikfisher
If you were responding to me pinstriper, it seems like a slow year based on where we are after 2 months, not 2 days....Could bust loose any time, just doesn't feel like it...

P
pinstriper
kwikfisher said:
If you were responding to me pinstriper, it seems like a slow year based on where we are after 2 months, not 2 days....Could bust loose any time, just doesn't feel like it...

I was, because with the rains just starting, that appeared to be the context of questioning the run as a whole.

H
Hookset
My family and I spent last weekend fishing Nehalem bay and we did very well. Not sure if the rain would of made it any better.

Casting Call
Casting Call
kwikfisher;n607035 said:

150 fish processed Tuesday. 250 fish processed wenesday at the hatchery. Much more holding at the mouth of the river. one fish per 15 boats as of Wednesday. Tony

Reactions: bd2cool
S
SmallStreams
Rivers that had spring chinook holding in tidewater or just above tidewater saw them move in and spawn in the first gravel that looked good because they were r-i-p-e. These were obviously too dark to bother fishing for.

From what I saw on Thursday while passing by, boats in Nehalem bay were fishing lower down rather than above Nehalem & there was a larger cluster of boats practically in the Cove at Tillamook Bay rather than everyone being in the channel by Hwy 101 where the floating restroom is. N Fk Nehalem had light pressure at King rapids and the hatchery. Salmon River was combat fishing at the hatchery and Hwy 101 bridge.

Necanicum bay hasn't seen any action yet, as of Friday.