Rain and steelhead

R
Rascal
Well with the heat wave over and the new rains, i was just wondering if i should change any thing when steelhead fishing. Should i just keep using small and dark lures and jigs or is there something better for summer rains?

Y
youngbuck307
dont know if it changed the water color to much but if the water has a lil color you can run any color you really want. and just so you know i hooked up in clear water on bright colors just they have to be very small.... but dark will do better with low water. so pretty much depends on were your fishing and how that water looks

P
plunkme
i dunno but the fish are really coming in if you look at bonneville fish count over 18000 fish steelies came in yesterday

FISH ON!!

Y
youngbuck307
Hell yea

S
starion87le
definitely going tonight! Hitting the Clackamas, anyone want to join?

F
FishSchooler
I just looked and... 18000?! Holy cow, thats more steelhead than shad when I was there!

Y
youngbuck307
pm sent starion

T
Troutier Bassier
Well Im being forced to hit Eagle Creek (Bonneville Dam) on the 15th.

Then maybe ill go to Sandy.

M
Mike123
I'd stick with the same jigs

Y
youngbuck307
with that many fish over the dam shouldnt some of went up the sandy????

M
mgdguy
youngbuck307 said:
with that many fish over the dam shouldnt some of went up the sandy????

I hope! If you find out let me know ;)

F
Fishtopher
Maybe a few of em strayed in, but for the most part, those fish are headed farther up the C.

K
koboabe
starion87le said:
definitely going tonight! Hitting the Clackamas, anyone want to join?

I might be down
where are you planning on going?
I wont be able to head out until 6ish though...

P
Pita
I'm heading out there this evening as well. Those are impressive counts. Let me know if you all want some company!

K
koboabe
Where is everyone thinkin
closer to the mouth. Or mciver/feld?

S
starion87le
I would be okay with whatever, I can drive if everyone wants to meet up somewhere, i live in Clackamas and have a full size 4 door truck. I'd think higher up near McIver or maybe around where Eagle Creek meets up with the clack would be better?

Reactions: Pita
Y
youngbuck307
So just got back from sandy with no luck water has some great color too it just looks fishy.... but didn't get nothing seen one jump and that was about it.... I wouldnt mind hitting it with all u only thing is i live off 122 and division and dont got wheels at the time being so anyone going from this side of town let me know please!!

S
starion87le
Check your PM's youngbuck!

S
starion87le
Went up to McIver last night with youngbuck, no steel caught but there were a few jumping around. Caught the biggest Sucker Fish I've ever seen :shock: It was about 20in. long and if I had to guess a weight, probably around 5 - 6lbs. I thought I was snagged! It was like reeling in a huge log...that decided to fight every once in a while. Also caught a small salmon, maybe 14in. long or so. definitely not a trout, it was too torpedo shaped and had different colors. No pictures, forgot the camera at home. It was a good trip! I'm planning on going out again early Sat. morning, any one up for it?:dance:

K
koboabe
starion87le said:
Went up to McIver last night with youngbuck, no steel caught but there were a few jumping around. Caught the biggest Sucker Fish I've ever seen :shock: It was about 20in. long and if I had to guess a weight, probably around 5 - 6lbs. I thought I was snagged! It was like reeling in a huge log...that decided to fight every once in a while. Also caught a small salmon, maybe 14in. long or so. definitely not a trout, it was too torpedo shaped and had different colors. No pictures, forgot the camera at home. It was a good trip! I'm planning on going out again early Sat. morning, any one up for it?:dance:

I might be down.
are you thinking mciver or bonnie lure?