R.i.p

J

JeannaJigs

I lost a dear friend on the South Santiam today. Our time together was brief, only five months and 2 weeks, and though at times I maybe thought you weren't good enough to get the job done, That doesn't ease the pain I'm feeling today. Knowing I will never see you again. You were the best 20# anchor a person could ask for, and you are dearly missed.

O

OnTheFly

I lost a dear friend on the South Santiam today. Our time together was brief, only five months and 2 weeks, and though at times I maybe thought you weren't good enough to get the job done, That doesn't ease the pain I'm feeling today. Knowing I will never see you again. You were the best 20# anchor a person could ask for, and you are dearly missed.

I am extremely sorry for your loss. I will pray now......:pray: hahminah hahminah hahminah......

S

Santiam338

I feel your pain...I lost my 35 pounder between Mcdowell cr and Waterloo last week..

The pain intensed when I replaced it..:(

S

SantiamDrifter

Well your lucky you didn't do the Learn The River drift on the North yesterday. They lost 2 boats. Much easier to replace your anchor then a boat. And funny you mention losing your anchor, I found one on the North. Now I just need to find a way to get it lol.

B

bigdog

They lost two boats on the learn the river drift? And these are the same people you said we should see if they would do a drift for the next fund raiser event? :lol:

CJ

L

lilsalmon

Sorry to hear of your loss.....it must be tough to know its sitting out there alone....your in my thoughts....:)

P.S. You should have had our friendly fish chaser, eggs, on board with you...he would have went after it (jk eggs) :D

B

bigsteel

They lost two boats on the learn the river drift? And these are the same people you said we should see if they would do a drift for the next fund raiser event? :lol:

CJ
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: 2 for 4 aint bad.....sorry for the loss jeanna,,,,,,,salt creek store is selling used anchors for ten bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

SantiamDrifter

CJ

Well the drift they did is a pretty rough drift. That section of river sinks boats every year. And this winter was real bad on that section. Just this last week they had tons of cottonwoods wash down. Even the best guys on the sticks can lose it in there.

G

GraphiteZen

Jeez Jeanna you actually had me concerned there for a few.
I have a few I pulled out of the Siletz while diving and know where another is that is heavier than the one you lost... I am going back this year with some ropes and I'm getting that sucker!! You can have it if I do.

F

Fishun-nutz

Sorry to hear of your recent loss of a good friend. There is one thing that might make the healing process go much easier for you. That is the fact that things could have been much worse had you been more closely attached.

M

Mike123

Jeanna you forgot to mention that we forgot to drive one of our rigs to the take out as well. SO I had to spend $15 for a 2min, one way ride back to Wiley Creek. Don't worry, I'll get the anchor back this summer. ;)
She left the 30lber at home Phil. ;) That current was wayyyy to strong for that 20lber.
Hope I didn't scare ya from ever comin back Jeanna! hahaha

J

JeannaJigs

Well your lucky you didn't do the Learn The River drift on the North yesterday. They lost 2 boats. Much easier to replace your anchor then a boat. And funny you mention losing your anchor, I found one on the North. Now I just need to find a way to get it lol.

Wow that sucks. I had a moment coming around a bend and happened upon some rapids I did not know existed, and the thought of losing my boat briefly entered my mind...but we didn't die or hit anything so, it ended well. I need to gain some confidence in my ability on the sticks.

J

JeannaJigs

Jeanna you forgot to mention that we forgot to drive one of our rigs to the take out as well. SO I had to spend $15 for a 2min, one way ride back to Wiley Creek. Don't worry, I'll get the anchor back this summer. ;)
She left the 30lber at home Phil. ;) That current was wayyyy to strong for that 20lber.
Hope I didn't scare ya from ever comin back Jeanna! hahaha

Haha and I nailed a freaking skunk in broad daylight on the drive home somewhere between sweet home and brownsville...So now my boat quite literally reaks of skunk :(

The day was cursed the moment mapquest lead me to someone's personal drive.

I got my 30 pounder back last night, and my ghetto little front anchor, so it's going next time for sure. But...it's still sad to have lost that 20 pounder. If you get it back for me...You will be very well stocked on jigs lol

S

Santiam338

You lost a anchor, but did ya catch any fish??