Quick salmon question?????

B
beaverfan
Are y'all freakin' ready for COHO season or what?!?!?

J
JeannaJigs
Yep.

But I'm not chasing those nasty dark things lol...sea lice on ice! It'll be October soon

N
ninja2010
since you put it that way... HELL, YEAH!!!!

F
fishnquest
JeannaJigs said:
Yep.

But I'm not chasing those nasty dark things lol...sea lice on ice! It'll be October soon

Thats too bad; the one I got was terrific. It was in the ocean. Silvers are the best fighters, too. Well, except maybe reds; I didn't get any of those.

B
BlackBass
If the ocean ever wanted to play nice from now until September is a great time for fat greasy ocean Coho. :) We start trolling for herring in the rivers September first and almost always catch one the first trip of the year. So in theory its Salmon season now.
BEAVERFAN . You snacking on some BABAAY ROOOOF ?

R
rippin fish lips
quick question! when does the wind/ocean start calming down?! i know it shall be real soon!
thanks, Tanner.

Irishrover
Irishrover
rippin fish lips said:
quick question! when does the wind/ocean start calming down?! i know it shall be real soon!
thanks, Tanner.

It's not been a good year for either salmon or the weather. Lots of small craft advisory days with the wind in control of the fishing. I hope next week will be better and things calm down. August and September have, in the past been good month. Here is a link to the week catch results. It will give you an idea of how the season is shaping up.:shock:

Fish Division: Ocean Salmon Management - Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife

G
Growbug
Hell yeah..

R
rippin fish lips
Irishrover said:
It's not been a good year for either salmon or the weather. Lots of small craft advisory days with the wind in control of the fishing. I hope next week will be better and things calm down. August and September have, in the past been good month. Here is a link to the week catch results. It will give you an idea of how the season is shaping up.:shock:

Fish Division: Ocean Salmon Management - Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife

alright. thanks! cuz i got a fishing trip comin up and i can't wait, i been waitin for ever!!

B
bigdog
Oh coho season the crouded river days are coming soon.

T
Thuggin4Life
Man I have even been trying to get my boat out for some coho or nooks but the wind has been so bad everytime i checked to try to go out that i never tried and now i have no motor. I will have something going on by fall nook time and right as that dies down a bit i'll be fishing for fresh coho right out of the ocean. none of those big reds you guys chase up north. and then there is all the coho you can't keep while nook fishin. man you guys need to stop teasing me i need to get some herring in the water.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Speaking of Red's we just fought probably 75 tonight between Daniel and I! It was a circus and we have about three gallon baggies of the RGB roe curing up as we speak. They sure are great fighters! :dance: Back it it again tomorrow along with some monster rainbows. ;)

Z
zarboth
uhm you guys no any good places for chinook in the coulumbia or coho i have no idia how to catch ethier buttt i want two learn dose an adult need tags or just a licence

F
FishFinger
beaverfan said:
Are y'all freakin' ready for COHO season or what?!?!?

OMG not just the Coho but the fall Nookies.

Clatsop spit anyone?

Bueller....

Bueller........

C
Cohosanders
Ummmm...Let me think:think: HELL YEAH:D Summers>Coho>Fall nooks....Who could ask for more???

R
Redfox458
Ok so I hit the willy hard for springers and only came out with one. I'd like to hook into a few Coho but don't think I should try buoy 10 with my 15 foot Alaskan smokercraft. Anybody have any suggestions for good coho/nook fishing this time of year with my boat?? Cuz damn, I'm SO effing ready! Typically, how's the coho run on the willy??

F
fishingfreak
I am ready, my 1st year, I am salivating as we speak. Yum Yum. here fishy fishy. Sorry I am not really a freak just a fishingfreak.:lol:

B
beaverfan
Why the mouth of the Wilson? Wouldn't the mouth of the Trask be a little better option since the Wilson doesn't have a hatchery run of Coho only a few strays? Out of like 30 Coho I either caught or saw caught not one was a hatchery fish.