Quick question!

F

fishinmomma

Our daughter is 4, is she able to fish with her own pole since we (husband and I) both have our licsences? To my understanding it is ok that she is able to fish but I thought I would just ask! Thanks!

Mags

L

lilsalmon

She is fine....I believe it is 13 and under that can fish with no license

W

wozniasm

Yep. 14 and up require a license.
All persons 14 years or older must have in possession a valid Oregon angling license to angle for or take or assist another in angling
for or taking of any fish for personal use, except:
• During “Free Fishing Weekend” (June 11-12, 2011) when no license or tag is required

Now, if you fishing for salmon, steelhead, sturgeon or Pacific halibut:
All anglers, regardless of age, need in possession a valid Combined Angling Tag to angle for salmon, steelhead, sturgeon or Pacific
halibut.

Also:
Anglers under age 14 may use two rods where allowed without a Two-Rod validation.

troutdude

troutdude

Yep. What LiL and Woz said. No license needed for your wee one. And if the waters that you fish allow two rod angling, then she can use 2 as well! So, if there's 3 of you fishing--and mom n' pops both have their respective "two rod licenses"--the 3 of you can have six lines in the water! That ought to give you an advantage!

I like to start my trips by first plunking Power Eggs n' scent w/ one rod. With rod #2, I'll try spoons, spinners, fly n' bobber, etc. Be on the alert...it's easy to have doubles (two fish at the same time). I figure out wish fish is bigger, and lay the one w/ the smaller fish down...until I land the big one. It's a LOT of fun, and can also be fast n' furious when the bite is on!

Enjoy!

brandon4455

brandon4455

Yep. What LiL and Woz said. No license needed for your wee one. And if the waters that you fish allow two rod angling, then she can use 2 as well! So, if there's 3 of you fishing--and mom n' pops both have their respective "two rod licenses"--the 3 of you can have six lines in the water! That ought to give you an advantage!

I like to start my trips by first plunking Power Eggs n' scent w/ one rod. With rod #2, I'll try spoons, spinners, fly n' bobber, etc. Be on the alert...it's easy to have doubles (two fish at the same time). I figure out wish fish is bigger, and lay the one w/ the smaller fish down...until I land the big one. It's a LOT of fun, and can also be fast n' furious when the bite is on!

Enjoy!

sometimes you also cross your lines while bottom fishing and casting lures. troutdude knows a lot about that :lol: