Quick get aways around Corvallis?

N
nyersa
So, I have been looking for a spot around Corvallis that I can jump out on an extended lunch break for and dip a line in, any suggestions? I have gone to the confluence of the Mary's and the Willamette in years past, but that area is pretty sketchy these days it seems like. Anyone have any suggestions?

C
chris61182
Outside of what you already mentioned I can only think of three other spots in/near Corvallis.
1.) Avery Park. (South end of SW 15th)
2.) Michael's landing (1st and Tyler)
3.) Crystal Lake/Willamette Park. (Entrances on Crystal Lake Dr and Goodnight Ave)

I've also seen other folks post good reports regarding Irish Bend south of town off 99W but I've never been there myself. North of town off 99W across from the dump you'll find E.E. Wilson and that can be a ton of fun on days you have a little more time.

Last edited:
M
muskieguide
The highway 34 pond just east of town by peoria road has large and smallmouth bass, carp squawfish, crappie, bluegill, catfish, perch, suckers, and a few trout in it.

K
ketts05
yeah does that little pond produce well and do you know of any proven methods for it?

L
lingering colvin
got my first small mouth at boat launch in corvallis 16" this month north of town