Bass fishing near Eugene?

T
taconight2night
I'm wondering if anybody might be wiling to point me towards a place where I can catch a bass from the bank near Eugene other than Delta Ponds. I'm hoping to find a spot that I can hit up for an hour after dinner-type thing. Unfortunately Delta Ponds are so low and weedy, I really can't find more places to cast other than one little spot. Fern Ridge is farther away than I'd like to drive and you have to pay to park, on top of not really looking that attractive from the bank as far as what I can tell... Is there any little ponds nestled away that I am un-aware of? They might not exist, but I'd love to be able to hop in the car and hit a spot with some plugs or plastic worms within minutes of downtown Eugene. I realize that this might be a pie in the sky but ya never know I suppose. Thanks everybody, may all your lines be tight!

troutdude
troutdude
Late afternoon / eve's should be DYNAMITE for smallies, at Dorena. It's a bit of a drive. But I'd go there, if I lived close by.

T
taconight2night
I google mapped it and it is a bit further away that bipping distance, but the advice is much appreciated :popcorn:

Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
You can park across the street from the spillway at Fern Ridge and walk in for free. The dam is often one of the better spots to bank fish a lake, and the dam at Fern Ridge is super long. Way more rip-rap than you could fish in an evening.

T
taconight2night
Thanks Shaun, I will definitely give that a look. Where is the dam and how do I get their? The only road I've been out there on is the one that goes all the way to Florence. I'm guessing I need to get on Clear Lake rd as seen on Google maps. Thanks so much for the info guys. OFF is awesome!

T
TTFishon
There's also some nice bass in the ponds behind the damn at Kirk Park.

B
Billamicasr
There is a short thread about smallmouth and largemouth Bass in Dexter Res; sounds interesting.

T
Terry

If you want to stay close, stick with Delta Ponds. To fish the over grown weeds just tie on a silver minnow, or a rubber frog which rides hook point up. They ride right over the top of the matted weeds and bass will explode through the weeds to get your baiit.

Last edited: