Questions about sinking a boat...

T

tomriker

so i acquired a fiberglass boat that i want to sink in my pond for the bass to play with. i was wondering will a fiberglass boat stay down? or will it want to float still once it's full of water? i've never tried to sink a boat before :think:

S

sherman

Maybe if you filled it with bricks. I think a lot of fiberglass boats have foam imbeded into the fiberglass for flotation unless it's a thin walled boat.

T

tomriker

it's an oooold boat that's pretty flimsy. but good call on the bricks. i have a pile of cinderblocks that will make for nice weights

R

rippin fish lips

rip out the engine or make sure there is no oil or gas that will leak into the pond. you wouldnt want that!!

T

tomriker

there's no motor and it's dry. i actually got it free about 10 years ago and put an outboard on it and played with it a little bit but we've got about a dozen old boats and it's time to start making fish habitats!

R

rippin fish lips

ok then yeah try to sink it in your pond! put them cynder blocks in it too!

C

chrisohm

Banned User
Cut or make holes large enough for the fish to get into. Attach the bricks at various locations and sink that old boat upside down. Now they have a hideout with port holes to look through. Just add bugs and watch them ambush the enemy!!