Questions about sinking a boat...

T
tomriker
so i acquired a fiberglass boat that i want to sink in my pond for the bass to play with. i was wondering will a fiberglass boat stay down? or will it want to float still once it's full of water? i've never tried to sink a boat before :think:

S
sherman
Maybe if you filled it with bricks. I think a lot of fiberglass boats have foam imbeded into the fiberglass for flotation unless it's a thin walled boat.

T
tomriker
it's an oooold boat that's pretty flimsy. but good call on the bricks. i have a pile of cinderblocks that will make for nice weights

R
rippin fish lips
rip out the engine or make sure there is no oil or gas that will leak into the pond. you wouldnt want that!!

T
tomriker
there's no motor and it's dry. i actually got it free about 10 years ago and put an outboard on it and played with it a little bit but we've got about a dozen old boats and it's time to start making fish habitats!

R
rippin fish lips
ok then yeah try to sink it in your pond! put them cynder blocks in it too!

C
chrisohm
Cut or make holes large enough for the fish to get into. Attach the bricks at various locations and sink that old boat upside down. Now they have a hideout with port holes to look through. Just add bugs and watch them ambush the enemy!!