Question about Siuslaw chinook

sambone
sambone
Im looking to toss some big spinners off the bank for chinook in the tidewater of the siuslaw, wondering if any of you OFF members have any tips to help me catch my first chinook! Im planning on just going out there with a 9 foot rod and throwing some #5 and #6 spinners. Is there any type of incoming or outgoing tide i should be focusing on fishing? Should i put some eggs or shrimp on the hooks of the spinners? Any tips are greatly appreciated :)

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
My understanding- last hour or 2 of incoming through high slack, no eggs or shrimp.

Rhody wall is most popular location.

sambone
sambone
rogerdodger said:
My understanding- last hour or 2 of incoming through high slack, no eggs or shrimp.

Rhody wall is most popular location.
thanks, and yeah thats where i planned on going. Hopefully its not too crowded, never been there

Where is the Rhody wall? Is that by the transfer station?

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
The wind has been bad but with Hi Tide this week in the morning it should be better! Fish are way up past Cushman for a while now and a big push of fish usually happens about now Yes the Wall is by the dump plenty of room to fish!

Reactions: Vintageflyguy
sambone
sambone
GaryP1958 said:
The wind has been bad but with Hi Tide this week in the morning it should be better! Fish are way up past Cushman for a while now and a big push of fish usually happens about now Yes the Wall is by the dump plenty of room to fish!
is it only open for 1 chinook right now?

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
2 a day but windy as hell crabbing at Mo"s is good!