Question about fishing at Depoe Bay

PK Yi
PK Yi
are we allowed to traverse the rock walls along the sidewalks? (see attachment). in the pic, it seems there is a path that seems like an easy way down to the water. this is by the whale statue.

or is there another spot that is better?

thanks.

PK.

Last edited by a moderator:
N
nicholas
I don't see an attachment.

P
playhooky
question about fishing at depoe bay

question about fishing at depoe bay

X2 (no attachment)

PK Yi
PK Yi
woops. should be fixed now.

P
playhooky
I don't think I've ever seen anyone down there. I believe there are warning signs to stay behind the wall. Looks calm in your attachment but as you already know, that area can get wicked!

B
Berg03
I have fished that rock wall over 100 times. Catch lings all day! great fishing. Also have fished off the man made skinny pier going out to the water on the left side. Awesome rock bass out there. 1oz jig white tail grub. All DAY!!! Also had an ODFW officer come out and check my licence. Didn't question me being out there.

PK Yi
PK Yi
Berg03 said:
I have fished that rock wall over 100 times. Catch lings all day! great fishing. Also have fished off the man made skinny pier going out to the water on the left side. Awesome rock bass out there. 1oz jig white tail grub. All DAY!!! Also had an ODFW officer come out and check my licence. Didn't question me being out there.

sweet. will have to find a calm day and head out there one of these days.

F
Fishpdx
Some cops might come by and ask you a couple questions, but you should be fine just get some music so you wont hear people screaming to get out of there. LOL I went down there once and people called the cops and they came up to me and asked me to be extra safe. There are people who will scream get out of there.