PUDDING RIVER SYSTEM - Mollala River

W
wozniasm
Has anyone have any information regarding the Pudding River system? Below is some info about creek fishing for trout. It's off the Mollala but have no idea where to access it.

Recreation Report: Willamette Zone: Fishing - Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
For those who enjoy trout fishing in a small stream setting, there are several opportunities available in the Pudding River area. Creeks such as Abiqua, Butte, Drift, and Silver all have resident trout present, mainly cutthroat. The season runs from April 24 –October 31, 2 trout per day, 8 inch minimum length, artificial flies and lures only, as per Zone Regulations.

T
tnffishman
I fished the Pudding a few years back for Smallmouth and got into some big ones. Ended up catching a lot of PikeMinnows as well. As for the area, I was on some private land, but I'd love to hit it again

M
Markcanby
213 crosses almost all of them. There is a park on Butte Creek at Scotts Mills. But the best is the Abiqua N. Abiqua RD fallows it for about 5 miles with pull-offs all along teh creek.

G
Growbug
I believe Butte and Abiqua are only fishable above the their respective falls.

M
Markcanby
I would have to check but I believe that retention above the falls.

W
wozniasm
Markcanby said:
I would have to check but I believe that retention above the falls.

So where are their falls?

Looking at a map, I was planning on taking a ride starting at the N. Abiqua Rd at Hazelnut Ridge Rd. intersection and following it south.

M
Markcanby
wozniasm said:
So where are their falls?

Looking at a map, I was planning on taking a ride starting at the N. Abiqua Rd at Hazelnut Ridge Rd. intersection and following it south.

Are you talking about floating the river cause I dont recommend it. It goes from to high to drag your boat very quick. Not to mention its hard to say what kind of log jams are up there.

Last edited:
W
wozniasm
Markcanby said:
Are you talking about floating the river cause I recommend it. It goes from to high to drag your boat very quick. Not to mention its hard to say what kind of log jams are up there.

I was planning on just banking it.
Did you mean recommend or don't recommend floating it?
With no knowledge of it, I expected this to be a creek and not floatable.
I do have a pontoon but I wasn't considering floating it let alone this time of year. I'm new to it and really don't have the experience to go floating down unknown water.

M
Markcanby
Sorry dont recommend it. I look in the reg's an it does open with teh rest of the streams in May. You are allowed to keep fish above the falls but there really aren't any. After looking at a map you would be fine going from Hazelnut but the better water is farther up stream.

W
wozniasm
Thanks for the tips and info!