Lakes Prineville Reservoir Fishing Reports

imHOOKED
imHOOKED
Heading to Prineville Reservoir for Bass fishing was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for what color of plastics i should be using this time of year. i went in july last year and they were hitting the bitchin claw worms by robo worm . also anyone know if the bass are currently spawning or if there done spawning any and all suggestions are very much appreciated
-good luck, and tight lines -

fromthelogo
fromthelogo
I’ve had good success there with pumpkin or watermelon Yum Dingers with chartreuse tips, wacky or Texas rigged.

nikita_pdx
nikita_pdx
I think smallmouth are done spawning, largemouth however maybe just wrapping up. Dropshotting nearby cliff faces with crayfish soft plastics work great in natural colors. In shallower water, a ZMan Finnesse TRD is great in Green Pumpkin Orange, The Deal, And Coppertruse work well. But this again is all for smallmouth.

Don't forget to try the incredible crappie fishery.

Reactions: fromthelogo
imHOOKED
imHOOKED
Didn’t do to bad . Caught a very nice smallmouth After 3 days of getting dinks probably about 2+ pounds and the crappie were on fire everyday and we’re huge and perfect for fish tacos . The water level was at a low point of 76 %filled. Second summer in a row it’s benn really low . This is concerning . But overall a great trip .

Prineville Reservoir Fishing Reports

Reactions: 00Swede and Admin
W
wils
thats a nice smallie for Prineville. Good thing you got out because the ramps are now closed.

Reactions: imHOOKED
B
BrandonBeach
Ramps closed due to? Low water?

W
wils
yes

D
Don Fischer
Wonderful Heard that yesterday and didn't want to believe it. Planned on going this week. How's Ochaco doing? Went earlier this year and could launch but water was well below the dock.It was my fist time there and went for crappie and got some along with some fair bass.

nikita_pdx
nikita_pdx
Any new information on Prineville? How is the bass and crappie fishing?

Irishrover
Irishrover
The reservoir is at less than 38% capacity. Took the boat over there on the 31st of July. Was able to get out at the State Park boat ramp, but just made it in. Did not fish but did talk to a few who did it was slow.

00Swede
00Swede
I’ve made several trips to Prineville Reservoir in July. My last was the last few days of July.
The reservoir and the Crooked River that feeds it is horribly low. The Crooked River is a dry creek bed in places and will bubble up farther down.
There is a bad algae bloom up by the old resort and was spreading throughout the lake.
I was crappie fishing from kayak and fishing was not red hot but fish were caught. Most were very good size. They just didn’t seem to be really grouped up anywhere. I mostly trolled the shoreline from the State Park to Social Security beach. Every morning there was visibly less water.

Reactions: Vintageflyguy
Top Bottom