Prescription fishing glasses

D
DG1959
Anyone have a favorite? Want polarized, not sure what color lenses but leaning to grey. Fish mainly streams and some lakes.

DOKF
DOKF
I took my prescription to Costco, and got a nice light pair of very flexible titanium frames with varilux gradiant focus lenses.

Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
I’ve got a pair I’ve had for maybe ten years. I wanted polarized photo chromic amber wrap arounds, and didn’t have many options for my needs. I got them a little bit stronger than I needed at the time to try and stretch the usable life of them, and I feel I was successful at that.

You might have more options if you don’t have the same degree of specific requirements.

I wore fitovers for years, and some suck less and look less stupid than others. I’m not tryna look fly whilst I’m on the water, but some of my pictures DO make me cringe.

• Haha
Reactions: NKlamerus and troutdude
DOKF
DOKF
Your avatar certainly warrants a side glance ... :cool:

I won't scare the general populace with one of my mugs.

D
DG1959
Going with polarized, but what glasses… so many to pick from.
Luckily insurance pays for them or I would be at the dollar store.

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
If you dig into the brands you'll see most of them are owned by the same parent company

I'm from the south, so I'm partial to Costa. But we see plenty of smith's, Oakley, and wileyx

My brother was able to get a pair of Costa prescription glasses for work, they can't wear contacts and they weld a whole lot on beach front properties, absolutely loves them.

I wear Costas as well, just wish their warranty is what it used to be. I would not recommend Oakley, mine didn't hold up at all, had a few lenses crack!

My costas need new rubber nose pads and hinges every 5 years or so, it's usually a 100$ just ship them in and they clean them up

If it's good enough for Kevin Vandam, it's good enough for me.

bass
bass
The only wrap around sunglasses I could find that could take lenses that correct my present astigmatism were Maui Jim's. I have them with progressive lenses and they are by far the best fishing glasses I have ever owned. They keep all the light out and work great even when the light is hitting the side of my face. To be honest I think they are way nicer than any non-prescription fishing sunglasses I have ever owned. I love those glases!

DOKF
DOKF
Keep all the light out? You mean like an arc welder's helmet?

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
DOKF said:
Keep all the light out? You mean like an arc welder's helmet?
More like tight around the eye socket, you don't want sun beaming in from the sides and hitting the back of the glass or on your eyes

Too tight though and they will fog up or sweat underneath

Reactions: bass
DOKF
DOKF
Sorry, the engineer in me sometimes takes things too literal ... ;)

Reactions: Shaun Solomon
D
DG1959
After getting lots of opinions , Maui Jim’s look like a good choice. Lens might be copper mirror… if they have that. Otherwise maybe gray

Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
Mine are Maui Jim’s. No gripes, but yeah the wrap-arounds will fog up, especially if you wear a sun gaiter.