Predictions..

S
Santiam338
Who else keeps a close eye on the river level predictions? While they are wrong most of the time ,I check them about 4 times a day watching the drop and plotting my next move....

If the predictions are true I think I may get to fish Tuesday...Hoping anyway...If not,the predictions are for another fair rise Wensday..

Anyway,I am "predicting" a fish Tuesday..,;)

Last edited:
Reactions: bigsteel and chrisohm
O
OnTheDrop
Santiam338 said:
Who else keeps a close eye on the river level predictions? While they are wrong most of the time ,I check them about 4 times a day watching the drop and plotting my next move....

If the predictions are true I think I may get to fish Tuesday...Hoping anyway...If not,the predictions are for another fair rise Wensday..

Anyway,I am "predicting" a fish Tuesday..,;)

Sometimes I watch NOAA a dozen times a day, haha. Tuesday sounds about right! Looking forward to a report with some epic plug action?...Good luck.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Ive been know to check in hourly....

Reactions: bigsteel
M
Mad dog
Ohhh....Guilty!!! :naughty:

But.....that is how I do well steelhead fishing! ;)

I continuosly watch river flows and weather! My mind is a jumble of guage levels and river flows in CFS, some I gauge one way and some another....I have become pretty accurate at it and I do it religiously!!! ;)

S
Santiam338
uh oh!! My river is starting to go the wrong way!!:shock::shock::mad:

O
OnTheDrop
Mad dog said:
Ohhh....Guilty!!! :naughty:

But.....that is how I do well steelhead fishing! ;)

I continuosly watch river flows and weather! My mind is a jumble of guage levels and river flows in CFS, some I gauge one way and some another....I have become pretty accurate at it and I do it religiously!!! ;)

Amen, Exact same way.

Sorry to hear your rivers going the wrong way Santiam.

T
the_intimidator03
I Have been checking them a lot lately, Just tryin to see what rivers should be fishable next weekend

E
eat, sleep, fish
Just another site I'm addicted to...:rolleyes:

This storm seems to have missed us down south today, so I'm still holding out for hitting the river Tuesday.:pray:

A
alm21
I definitely watch the river levels and have found that I monitor them every few hours during the substantial water events that occur in the time period I'm able to hit the water. A great tool for learning the systems and identifying their prime time.

G
GDBrown
I also watch the storm totals for how much rain fell in the river basin to determine if it will truly fall as predicted. I also watch the levels of the rivers closest to the small stream I plan on fishing since it clears first..... Hasn't done me any go so far though! :lol:

GD

H
halibuthitman
this time of year, and on the north coast I tend to watch the snow level and temps at altitude more than the gauges, plus all the gauges are so low on the rivers they tend to appear worse than they really are for the upper reaches, but still useful.. the snow will let you fish.. if your willing to go that high-

F
fishingguru
Great link thanks! I drive by the river on the way to work and thats my way of checking the level haha.

S
Santiam338
With predictions like this I think I predict I will save my gas tomorrow,which means my earlier prediction of a fish will be wrong..:shock:

silo3_hg.png

T
Tred
I am thinking next Tuesday and you will be in the money

S
Santiam338
The rivers are falling faster than predicted...Not as much rain last night than they thought I think..

I predict a exciting week ahead..

A
alm21
Santiam338 said:
The rivers are falling faster than predicted...Not as much rain last night than they thought I think..

I predict a exciting week ahead..

Yeah, I quickly scheduled tomorrow off. It's heads-down hitting it hard tomorrow!

S
Santiam338
alm21 said:
Yeah, I quickly scheduled tomorrow off. It's heads-down hitting it hard tomorrow!

Friday might be a little to optimistic..LOL.. But good luck..

A
alm21
I'm in professional sales, I have to be optimistic. :) The water will still be pretty high but I expect that it will good enough by tomorrow. Beats work anyway!

J
jawjacker
I got a buddy that's been slaying um drift fishing a popular spot that he has all to him self the last 2 days surprisingly enough. The water's muddy but the fish are there.