Pre-spawn crappie

T
Ttrolling
Has anyone heard if the crappie are hitting yet? Do we have to wait until the temp hits 55 degrees? what's the best parts of the lake to try?

T
Ttrolling
This must be a tightly held secret, so I will tread lightly. Let me rephrase the question; Has anyone caught a crappie this Spring?

J
Jimbow
crappie

crappie

Ttrolling said:
This must be a tightly held secret, so I will tread lightly. Let me rephrase the question; Has anyone caught a crappie this Spring?

I've got to believe that the warmer weather next week is going to bring about some action. I'm pulling my boat out of Dexter this weekend for some maintenance and a little upgrading. Soon thereafter will be checking out LOP for those crappies with you!

Troutski
Troutski
A bit longer is the talk, I'd say two weeks of warm will do the trick. A lot of snow melt this year, down on the rain but very cold water coming in to the river up stream.
This is one heck of a lake for Crappies, very nice size to be sure.

Chuck

T
Ttrolling
Thanks guys, Spring fever is here and I can't wait to fish for the slabs again. It's been a long time since I have lived in a place that supports them so this will be great. Hope to see you out there.

T
Ttrolling
Any word on the crappie yet? I bank fished Saturday am, but nothing. How about from any boaters?