powerbait VS salmon eggs

T
tonythefish
which do you perfer

C
Combat Chuck
I prefer salmon eggs but I think that power bait typically is a better fish catcher. When possible I will fish nothing but pautzkes in creeks for trout.

B
beaverfan
Powereggs are what I typicaly use. Works great!

T
tonythefish
eggs 2 powerbait 0

eggs 2 powerbait 0

i use both 1 pole with power, 1 pole with eggs.

B
beaverfan
You fish two poles?

T
tonythefish
two poles

two poles

I go with my son, he is 5 and he loves it

B
beaverfan
oh ok that makes sense. lol have you tried the powereggs yet? they are great, they stay on your hook way better and you only use a single hook instead of treble.

H
Hooked on fishin'
for me it depends some times you can't keep your line in the water with either, i prefer pautzkes tho cuz they are less messy, if they dont break when you place them on the hook that is!! powerbait is like my standby, if nothing else is working...try powerbait, usually kills the skunk:)

T
Troutier Bassier
Powereggs

L
lizardman
I use some home cured coho eggs when I catch a coho hen whos eggs are already singled out. I cure these with Pro Cure made by Wizard's and a healthy dose of 20 Mule team Borax.

I try not to waste any of the fish I catch.

if I want the bait to float off the bottom I use powerbait power eggs.

Dave

Troutski
Troutski
Pautzkes

Pautzkes

Hands down, Pautzkes. Why use a imitation when you can use the real thing, JMHO

Chuck

F
Fishtopher
1 vote for the real deal.

H
Hawk
Mealworms with a small marshmallow over the hookeye are good too..........................:D

H
Hooked on fishin'
i see a lot of you suggesting power eggs, as a firm believer in the 'power' of Berkely products, I have yet to hook a fish on power eggs, I have even tried combining colors and drenching with pro cure, still no luck. I can usually catch 'em with power bait with no trouble, i dont get why the eggs do not work for me. I will continue to try them though.

T
Troutier Bassier
The eggs dont like you,
You got to Respect them,
You got to Belive in them,
You got to use shrimp oil with them.

H
Hooked on fishin'
Shrimp oil? I'll have to pick some up, you can't have too many kinds of goop in your tackle box!

T
Troutier Bassier
Pshhht
Your talking to someone who has over 20

F
FishSchooler
Hooked on fishin' said:
Shrimp oil? I'll have to pick some up, you can't have too many kinds of goop in your tackle box!

You don't need shrimp oil for powereggs. If you are going to dunk them in any kind of oil (besides egg scent to recharge it), what's the point of using powereggs? You could just use a ball of styrofoam and coat it in shrimp oil.
Dip the hook with powereggs on it into water, if it floats, you're good, if it sinks, add more!

F
fishgriller
well ive only ever caught one 9 in trout on powerbait and nothing on eggs so i dont usually use either

F
FishSchooler
fishgriller said:
well ive only ever caught one 9 in trout on powerbait and nothing on eggs so i dont usually use either

somethings wrong with the presentation there then