Portland/Vancouver area springer guide

W

wascostreet

So my brother is coming up for a visit two weeks from now and he wants to go after this predicted huge springer run. I don't have a boat or much salmon gear so we figure a guide with a boat is the way to go. We can go pretty much anywhere downriver of Bonneville Dam or Willamette falls to maybe Longview or so. Astoria's out -- too far for our time slot unless it's really hot at buoy 10 in which case we could make an exception.

Anybody got any glowing recommendations for a local guide? Thanks!!

K

Kodiak

Banned User
Bob toman, Jack and brandon glass. just off the top of my head. Welcome to OFF!

N

nwkiller

todd brenton, he is the man! brentonoutdooradventures.com

T

Troutier Bassier

Brandon Glass has been catching fish every trip he makes to the Colombia. He caught one today and 3 on thursday.. He is a nice guy and a good teacher too!

R

Redfox458

I swear I saw either Jack or Brandon Glass' truck along the Willamette today (saturday). Been seriously considering their guide service from word of mouth. Sounds like they know what they are doing, for sure!

F

fishtales

I'll tell you next Wen. when I get back from my guided trip if he is good or not.

K

Kodiak

Banned User
I like Jack, he's the old laid back style and isn't afraid to teach. Brandon is a nice guy too, a little more energy but then he is younger. Bob Toman is well...Bob Toman. The guy is a fishing genuis, and a heck of a nice guy. Probably no one that Knows more about the portland metro area fishing for springers and steelies than him, except maybe Osmosis, but he's not guiding yet Or I'd tell you to hook up with him.

Last edited:
W

wascostreet

Thanks for all the recs, I'll look these guys up. Has the springer season been as productive as I've been hearing? I've never gone after big salmon and I hope it's a good trip.

K

Kodiak

Banned User
Alan Goering's Guide Service!!!!!!! If you can get in the Boat with Osmosis Do It!!! Do it Now!!!!!!!

Osmosis is an increadable fisherman. I've fished with him and consider it a treat every time we gat to hang out and put the smack down on fish.

R

Redfox458

Well I can't seem to get people to go fishing with me....so I might have to hit up Alan. Its expensive to hire a guide, but at least you'd get to go, and you'd know what to use!

B

beaverfan

Well I can't seem to get people to go fishing with me....so I might have to hit up Alan. Its expensive to hire a guide, but at least you'd get to go, and you'd know what to use!

Where do you plan on fishing? I'm sure there's people here that would fish with you. Just start a thread saying where your going and when and a lot of the time someone else will be going to the same area and would be willing to meet up. My girl uses the car during the week so I have no wheels otherwise I'd fish with ya.

Top Bottom