Portland/metro Oregon fishing report

• Thread starter The Guides Forecast
  • Start date
The Guides Forecast

The Guides Forecast

The Columbia remains one of the better options for summer Chinook, with Bonneville still producing good catches. Anchor anglers downstream of Portland are also still seeing fair results. The summer Chinook fishery closes after July 5th.

Summer steelhead catches on the Columbia remain weak, despite being in peak season. It's clearly going to be another depressed return.

The Willamette fishery is still producing results, but anglers, plagued by warming waters, have re-located to the mouth of the Willamette, in search of cooler waters from the Columbia to find success.

Avid angler John Shmilenko spends his June’s participating in this fishery and still scores on a fairly regular basis. John mentioned earlier this week that temperatures have risen to around 77° on the 25th, but have since cooled down to around 74°. Why the entire run hasn’t floated belly-up is beyond my pay grade. These lethal summer water temperatures took a toll on returning adults in 2015. It’s still a Pro Troll and spinner show, mostly size 3.5 spinners with Mexican Hat often still producing the best catches.

More reporting is here - https://wp.me/p6Jd7i-10lu

Last edited by a moderator: