Portland Area

Q
qwapaw
About 16 years ago, I was living in Tualatin and the Oregonian came out with a nice small book on fishing in and around Portland for all type of fish. Does anyone have one of those. Do you think we could get the Oregonian to do a reprint on it? They gave them away back then, but I would gladly spen a few buck to cover copying and postage. Good luck, Qwa

B
beaverfan
I don't remember what your talking about but if your not able to locate one i have an option for you. There is a book that comes out of every couple years called "Fishing in Oregon". It is pretty awesome, has info on just about every body of water in the state. Many with accurate descriptions of fish species, water depth, what to use and where to use it, and driving directions. It is my fishing bible. I have two copies one for home and one for the road. You can get them I'm sure at most book stores or pick up a used copy of Amazon.com for under ten bucks. Great investment.

H
Hook
qwapaw said:
About 16 years ago, I was living in Tualatin and the Oregonian came out with a nice small book on fishing in and around Portland for all type of fish. Does anyone have one of those. Do you think we could get the Oregonian to do a reprint on it? They gave them away back then, but I would gladly spen a few buck to cover copying and postage. Good luck, Qwa

I have that book it might take a little bit to find it but when i do you can have it or i could make a copy for you.

T
Troutier Bassier
Fishing in Oregon isn't Something I think would look good in the Oregonian.

D
dude young
Troutier Bassier said:
Fishing in Oregon isn't Something I think would look good in the Oregonian.
?

B
beaverfan
Ya I don't got a clue what he's talkin' about either.

Q
qwapaw
Thanks Hook, That would be great. If I can get it, I will get hold of The Oregonoan and see what they think of a reprint. I reaaly enjoyed it when I lived in Portland. Sometimes I just went looking for the spot mentioned in the book (didn't even fish). Again, Let me know if I can pay you for copying it. Best Redards, Dan :D

C
cougarfan
"Fishing Holes - A Short Cast From Portland"

"Fishing Holes - A Short Cast From Portland"

It was printed in 1988 by the Oregonian, with Jack Webster as the author and Bill Monroe as the editor. It is a GREAT little book and I've been looking for an update since I just moved back to this area.

F
Fishtopher
cougarfan said:
It was printed in 1988 by the Oregonian, with Jack Webster as the author and Bill Monroe as the editor. It is a GREAT little book and I've been looking for an update since I just moved back to this area.

welcome to the forum cougarfan! thanks for the info!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Powell's might help

Powell's might help

It might be worth a phone call to Powell's bookstore...:)

Be safe.
Barb

D
dude young
Now that's bringing your A game!

Now that's bringing your A game!

Raincatcher said:
It might be worth a phone call to Powell's bookstore...:)

Be safe.
Barb

Good call Barb.:clap: There is only 1 City of Books. They have everything I have ever been looking for.

C
cougarfan
I just checked online and the Powell's on Burnside and 11th has one copy available for $5.95. It really is a good book, even if published in 1988. If I didn't already have it, I'd head to Powell's today!