Portland area winter steel fishing?

M
michigan_transplant
So I just moved up to Portland from Corvallis. I was getting the hang of things down there as far as fishing goes. Heading to the Alsea in the fall/winter and S. Santiam in the spring/summer, sprinkled in with some trout fishing at my favorite lakes/reservoirs.

I'll worry about other seasons later, for right now I'm wondering where most go for winter steelhead fun. If people could point in the right direction it would be much appreciated, and if it's toooooo secret feel free to pm me :D

Thanks again folks.

A
Anyfishisfine
For the Portland area I can't recommend Oxbow park enough. $40 for an annual pass gives you about 3 miles of bank access and about 10 holes depending on season. There are other places, but I do 90% of my fishing there.

M
michigan_transplant
Thanks, Paying for the fishing is something kinda new to me. Might have to check that out though.

W
waco
clckamas river, sandy river, wilson river, eagle creek, willamette river, and..... :think:

V
viento
Getting a permit early is good, its a large and beautiful park, great for families and groups, and your vehicle probably
won't get stolen or vandalized. And gas won't be getting cheaper any time soon.
Cheers

S
skunk
Is oxbow a state park? I have a state park pass so just wondered if that would work.

M
Moe
oxbow is a reginal park. I wish it was a state park then I would use my anual state park pass lol.

G
ghostcow
yes, I was at Oxbow this weekend and stopped at the booth and said "I assume this 2 year state park pass will work here right," err, no the booth girl said to me. Yes, some kind of regional, metro type of park, oh well, I did catch some sun so I was happy. Wish I could help with the the steelhead catching but I wouldn't listen to me since I have no clue, yet!

H
halibuthitman
Im just trying to remember the last time someone posted a picture of a steelhead from oxbow on here....?

H
halibuthitman
just looked it up... MGD posted a 10 lbr 38 days ago...

M
michigan_transplant
thanks for all the spots guys.

A
Anyfishisfine
halibuthitman said:
just looked it up... MGD posted a 10 lbr 38 days ago...

Yes, I was with him. It was also the last time he has been able to make it out. Bassically if the Sandy has fish Oxbow does too, without the huge crowds.