Porta bote?

N
ninja2010
i've been looking at the porta bote for some time... does anyone have any input on this vessel? ie: would it work for drifting local small rivers and streams? how does it compare with a pontoon?

anyone with experience with this want to chime in on how they like it?

anyone got one for sale?

anyone thinks i'm out of my mind to consider this for the river?

A
ArcticAmoeba
I saw on two instances last summer, one with drunk high schoolers, and one with a single fisherman in it... Porta's got swamped, in the same spot, in the same week. Porta botes are alright, I have never owned one, but I imagine the 'toon is much better suited to rivers. If you are looking for something to get around a river/stream a little easier than the pontoon, try a kayak. I had access to one in AK that had rod holders, tie downs, rear storage, and ample room within the hull to stash bags, or tackle. Just my 6 pennies about Porta Botes.

N
ninja2010
thanks, aa. i had a sit-on-top in sandy eggo and they're great for longer trips and i'm sure they're great for pushing upriver too...

i'm just looking at maybe getting something that's a 2-seater instead of just for solo fishing.

so keep them reviews/opinions coming...

A
ArcticAmoeba
One time we modified a canoe. Instead of sitting at near gunnel height, we slashed up the mounts, and built little floor pedastals. Made for a very stable 3 person ride. But look at what FishFinger has gotten into. It is a "belly" type boat, off of someones million dollar yacht. They are built to handle decent "seas" and are fairly light too, if they are constructed of 'glass, not wood. And you can have oar locks on it as well as a kicker. I just liked being able to backtroll on the sticks. I guess it is force of habit from AK... But I'm sure you'll find something to suit the needs of now.

H
halibuthitman
swappy

swappy

All last summer we picked on a guy up at coopers landing who had lost his on the kenai, we told him he should have gotten a littering ticket.. but instead we just called him porta boat., Your vessel is an extension of your world, when it sinks your world comes to an end, Do you want to bank your life on a gimmick?:shock:

" most my money I spent on beer boats and trucks, the rest of it I wasted "