Port of Coos Bay/Charleston this summer...

F
Fishnsleep
Want to take my boat to Coos Bay area for a week this summer and fish out of Charleston Marina. I have never been this far south.
Would love any recommendations on a place to stay, with boat/trailer parking. Also, and time frames which are best June? July? etc.
Any time frames to avoid? Thank you in advance for any input.

G
Gulfstream
There is a motel,Capt Johns,that has room for boat parking.I have heard that it is not the best though.Sunset Bay campground is nice and has large parking areas.There also is an R V park that is close.Its pretty crowded that time of year,but weekends are especially busy.If you are not targeting Tuna,stay away when they are running,because its a madhouse. Bullards beach campground in Bandon is nice,about 30 minutes south of Charleston.I would recommend you check the tides as well for ease of launching

G
Gulfstream
There is another small hotel in the harbor area ,but I don't know the name

F
Fishnsleep
Thank you for the reply!

K
killigan
The Charleston Marina RV park also has 3 yurts available to rent. Last I checked, the website for the RV park was not working correctly, so you would have to call and ask the office about available times. Gulfstream is correct about Tuna season, the area can be busy at times, but I think that is a good thing for the local businesses :) Make sure to bring your crab pots if you have them, there can be descent crabbing inside the bay, and of course better crabbing in the ocean. I only crab in the bay, so I can't be of help to you with ocean crabbing spots. Cheers