Pontoon rigging help

K
koboabe
Hello all.
i just got my new pontoon, but it didn't come with a rod holder
I have only had it out for Paddles on the Willamette and I am itching to take it out for a fishing trip.
I tried to pick up a Spin/cast holder with a rail mount, but it is made for a smaller diameter tube than my frame.
how have you toon owners rigged up rod holders?
do you have any pictures?

L
lizardman
one way to mount your rod holder to the tube frame is to buy some U-bolts at the hardware store and some nuts to match and then wrap a little electical tape around the pontoon frame to keep the U-bolt from marring the finish.

Or you can go even cheaper and use electrical Zip ties to secure the rod holder. I have mine mounted this way on the frame; however, unless the pontoon is fully inflated the rod holder will pivot around the frame.

Dave

N
ninja2010
kobo:

with your toon, you have lots of platform space to simply bolt the rod holder base to - one front, one back. no need for frame adaptors.

K
koboabe
true, was trying to avoid drilling holes into my standing platform, but I might as well...
I got it hooked up to the foot rest currently, we'll see how that works

N
ninja2010
koboabe said:
true, was trying to avoid drilling holes into my standing platform

i understand that... you can also clamp a short piece of 2x4 on the platform and drill into that instead of the platform.

J
JeannaJigs
Just saw this, what I did with mine is I made a standing platform, and screwed my scotty into the front right hand corner of it, works awesome. I didn't initially want to screw holes in it...but it ended up working perfect. They have the rail mount adapters in a few different sizes as well if that's the route ya want to go.