Pontoon fishing

R
ryan808
Anyone fish off pontoons here? Any clubs or gatherings? I just got a 9' toon and wondering if there are some fellow tooners I could fish with. I know its cold and the bites off, but you know how it is with new toys. There were several clubs where I moved from and was hoping to get into one our here. Me and my family just moved to Wilsonville....let me know.

M
Markcanby
Just give a couple more months an we can hit teh Molalla an catch hundreds of bass out of that new toon.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Oh yeah there are a ton of people with pontoons here. I'm one of them, I fish with Smallieworld in toons, CombatChuck USED to have a toon then he thought he was special, JeannaJigs fishes on a toon (and a cast for now), Autofisher might this thread should bring them in! Congratulations. You will have a BLAST when summer gets here!

G
Growbug
A pontoon is one of the next things that i am saving for..... and Bi Mart to reduce that big thing hanging on the wall so that i can afford it.
The idea of getting a group from here and hitting somewhere 'en masse' all in pontoons is quite amusing.

Oh.. and commenting on the Molalla. So far i have seen two pontoons going down the upper section, with a load of other so called 'people of sound mind' in kayaks. I was really impressed with the stability of the pontoons vs kayaks going over the white stuff. Still rather scary watching them put in above Party Rock and 'yahoo' when they go over the double falls.

D
donjduck2
toon fishing

toon fishing

I fish from a pontoon and have enjoyed every min of it.I don't have a fancy one just a BiMart special,I hope to ugrade this year.I have used mine to float the Umpqua for smallies around the Elkton area,Diamond lake and several other high lakes.I haven't heard of any clubs in my area down here in the southern end of the valley but there could be up in your area.I'm thinking if you posted on here something could be set up for a memebers get together and float.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I have every intention of organizing the largest full-costume (required) pontoon float to ever take place on or near Halloween!! :dance::dance:

F
FishFiddle
I would be in....I have a bi-mart special and also a 12 ft. 1-2 man. We have used them for mostly lake fishing, but I am anxious to get them on some rivers. I have been impressed with the stability. They just get a little uncomfortable after several hrs. and not being able to move around like you can in a drift boat. It would be nice on rivers to be able to pull over some and bank fish.

J
JeannaJigs
GraphiteZen said:
I have every intention of organizing the largest full-costume (required) pontoon float to ever take place on or near Halloween!! :dance::dance:

Lol count me in on that. Hopefully my ankle won't be broke status then.

I was gonna sell my 'toon since I got the driftboat :shock: I know, I know...I couldn't bring myself to do it, and didn't want to pull a CombatChuck ;):lol:

I gotta fix the other bladder now :( lol but the one fixed with duct tape is holdin' strong. Might just get two new bladders because I found out they aren't very expensive.

R
ryan808
Do you have to registar your toon if you use a trolling motor? Also are there launching fees for pontoons? I just a Water Skeeter and is iching to get it wet.

F
FishFiddle
Anyone have a good anchor setup for the 8-9 ft. models?? How about weight for river fishing, maybe 12-15 lbs. How about oars?? Ok to stay with the 2 piece that come with them or maybe should get some good one piece?? Any input is appreciated.

G
Growbug
I swore i wouldnt buy from them again.. but they got me in with a good deal...
Just bought a 8ft6 Rogue SP from Sportsmans Guide. Happy Happy Joy Joy.
can't wait til it gets here.

J
JeannaJigs
ryan808 said:
Do you have to registar your toon if you use a trolling motor? Also are there launching fees for pontoons? I just a Water Skeeter and is iching to get it wet.

Yes you do have to register it with the state marine board. Launching fees depend on where you launch, usually it's just a parking fee.

J
JeannaJigs
FishFiddle said:
Anyone have a good anchor setup for the 8-9 ft. models?? How about weight for river fishing, maybe 12-15 lbs. How about oars?? Ok to stay with the 2 piece that come with them or maybe should get some good one piece?? Any input is appreciated.

Be EXTREMELY CAREFUL anchoring in current. I wouldn't advise it in a pontoon at all. A friend of mine almost drown anchoring. I use my pontoon primarily as a shuttle when in the river, I don't anchor it. Very, very dangerous especially if you don't know what you're doing. My friend had about 10 years experience with current in his toon, and still almost didn't make it.

F
FishFiddle
Ok, I know that they can be pretty squirrely (sp?) Thanks for the input. May just pull some plugs and as you say.

F
Finneus Polebender
ponds for bass

ponds for bass

ryan808 said:
Anyone fish off pontoons here? Any clubs or gatherings? I just got a 9' toon and wondering if there are some fellow tooners I could fish with. I know its cold and the bites off, but you know how it is with new toys. There were several clubs where I moved from and was hoping to get into one our here. Me and my family just moved to Wilsonville....let me know.

My boat of choice for pond bass fishin , shallow draft ,small,light,can pack in to almost any where. Im down south so can't help you with where but I think they are perfect for ponds small lakes.

B
bassin16
fishing pole holders

fishing pole holders

i like to take out several poles while im on the water but its hard to find room on my pontoon so i was interested in how others have a rod holder set up on your toons

T
Throbbit _Shane
If anyone ever wants to sell there toon let me know!!

Nevermind :D :D :D

Last edited:
L
lizardman
Throbbit _Shane said:
If anyone ever wants to sell there toon let me know!!

look in the for sale classifieds on here. I have a nine foot Sportman's 9 (Outcast brand Fishcat 9) for sale.

my cell is 541-720-2523

Dave

G
grampa ron
boat with a motor

boat with a motor

My underdstanding is, any thing with any kind of motor has to be registered. They gota have thier money!

F
Finneus Polebender
bassin16 said:
i like to take out several poles while im on the water but its hard to find room on my pontoon so i was interested in how others have a rod holder set up on your toons

Have standard issue mounted on front rest bait caster on rack through frame on toon. son in this pic you can kinda see how its rigged works well

Last edited: