Pontoon capsized

R
radiation
I was fishing the Lowell side boat ramp this morning and I seen a pontoon boat flipped and pinned against a fallen tree. A guy that was there said it happened yesterday evening. They had to bring the water rescue to get him out. BE CAREFUL! It was the second ramp from the dam. Don't let your best day fishing become you last! :naughty:

Troutski
Troutski
Moving Water

Moving Water

Moving water is very underestimated, by me also...I had my scare early in my river floating life. Learned a very valuable lesson, hope everyone came out fine. That is one great section of the Willy for Steel and Local Trout; both love the structure.

Have you heard when Clearwater park and ramp will be re-opened....love that float down to Day Island Park.

Chuck

Last edited:
F
Finneus Polebender
hope all were ok the river is often underestimated !

B
Brokenrod
Clearwater will remain closed until Memorial Day weekend. This web site has information on the work progress relating to the Springfield Mill Race restoration.

Troutski
Troutski
Thanks

Thanks

Thanks Brokenrod, great site to be sure.

Chuck

S
specialk0082
radiation said:
I was fishing the Lowell side boat ramp this morning and I seen a pontoon boat flipped and pinned against a fallen tree. A guy that was there said it happened yesterday evening. They had to bring the water rescue to get him out. BE CAREFUL! It was the second ramp from the dam. Don't let your best day fishing become you last! :naughty:
what color was the pontoon and was it before clearwater park??

R
radiation
It was the one that is a mile or so below the dam. There is the one right below the dam on the Lowell side then there is this one farther down the road before the ole Pengra Rd. I can't remember if the toon was red or blue?! I think it was blue. A big guide sled pulled up and tried to free it. I think they were hoping to get a free toon out of the dal. They couldn't get it, but they did take the fishing pole that was sticking up out of the water. I guess it's the ol "finders keepers" rule on the water.

S
specialk0082
well the reason i asked cause i was there if it was a red toon right before clear water,it was a female that was floating and didn't know how to read the water that good but hse had her life jacket on and i was able to help her out while i was n my toon which was the blue one . but there was nobody around, nobody seen the wreck besides me unless it was the after math of it.and i picked up the toon like 10min after it happened but there was no fishing pole so it sounds like it could be somebody else.

Last edited:
S
specialk0082
i had no problem floating that river but i also been floating river's since i was 13 im 27 now.