pontoon boats

B
Bill Chisholm
Has anyone had any experience with the madison made by classic? Trying to decide what to buy for use mostly on lakes in central Oregon. This is the best site I've seen. Thanks

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Keep checking back...

Keep checking back...

Bill Chisholm said:
Has anyone had any experience with the madison made by classic? Trying to decide what to buy for use mostly on lakes in central Oregon. This is the best site I've seen. Thanks

Bill Chisholm;
Welcome to what will soon become your favorite fishing forum. Make yourself at home,we're glad you found us. Snoop around and check us out.
The madison,eh? Can't say as I've ever heard of that model myself. But that doesn't really mean much. I just got a small Water Skeeter last month and have yet to get it wet. Don't get discouraged by the lack of responses. Sometimes everyone is hung up on one or two subjects and tend to miss others. I'm sure someone here will have an opinion...:D In the meantime,I'll see what I can find out and get back to you later today. Again,welcome and be safe.
Barb

J
JeannaJigs
Raincatcher said:
I just got a small Water Skeeter last month and have yet to get it wet.

What are ya waiting for?! Get that thing wet!

I myself don't know about the specified madison...but I have a 'toon by the creek co. that works excellent for lakes, and I learned this winter steelhead season, that it handles excellent on rivers, even when the idiot operating it has no clue really what she is doing. :)

H
Hawk
anyone want to buy a army surplus sherman tank???
it don't float very good................................:lol::lol::lol:.......................................:cool::cool::cool:

T
TTFishon
JeannaJigs said:
What are ya waiting for?! Get that thing wet!

I myself don't know about the specified madison...but I have a 'toon by the creek co. that works excellent for lakes, and I learned this winter steelhead season, that it handles excellent on rivers, even when the idiot operating it has no clue really what she is doing. :)

How much did yours cost? I want to get one that's good on rivers, small streams, and standing water.

J
JeannaJigs
I got it a few years ago and it was on sale for like $180 at GI Joes (It was still GI Joes!) I want to say, but it might've been less even. For the cost, it's been an amazing little boat, I had no real high expectations, I just wanted something to get me off the bank, nothing hardcore. It's the ODC sport XL, with 8 foot pontoons

F
fishndad
they are fantastic! love pontoons!:)

D
davep
pontoons

pontoons

The madison is too light and small for much river drifting...Outcast fishcats 9 or 10 ft will give you more options for water.....bucks bagss are also a good mid range toon....do your research on the internet and you will make a good purchase..

N
ninja2010
i am thinking of unloading my toon, and getting something else. if anyone's interested, let me know. it's a buck's bags high adventure 8', with lots of mods. i've posted pics of it on some other threads.

J
JeannaJigs
ninja2010 said:
i am thinking of unloading my toon, and getting something else. if anyone's interested, let me know. it's a buck's bags high adventure 8', with lots of mods. i've posted pics of it on some other threads.
You can't unload that!!! Look at how much you've done to it! I wish I could do that much to mine but funds or lack thereof, rather, prevent it :(

T
TTFishon
ninja2010 said:

What are you asking?

N
ninja2010
i really don't know. but here's what i spent on it, so maybe you can pm me on what you think is fair... i've only used it 4 times, maybe 15 hours total.

let me know.

pontoon............................450
front motor mt/footrest........75
rod holder/riser/rail mt.........33
anchor/rope........................35
padded seat/swivel/riser.......65
wheels...............................80

Total................................738

N
ninja2010
here's a pic, if you haven't seen it with all the mods...

toonwoars2.jpg

anchor.jpg

N
ninja2010
JeannaJigs said:
You can't unload that!!! Look at how much you've done to it! I wish I could do that much to mine but funds or lack thereof, rather, prevent it :(

that's part of the reason i'm unloading - i'm done with the mods and now i'm thinking of a new kinda floating vessel to play with. it took me a year to plan, save $ and make the right purchases for all the mods. i like tinkering.

anyways, if you look at the list of parts/add-ons, it's quite doable if you're patient.

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah I could probably save up the funds, but I'll be selling mine also in less than a year rather than deal with storage. i'll be getting a new 'toon and a drift boat with my first bonus the first time I come back to Oregon :)