Pontoon boat tournament

F
flippinbaits
35 anglers participated in the Sonoma County Belly Boat Bass Club's 6th tournament of the season. There were many pontoons, round tubes, and v boats out on the water. The tournament was a night tourny from 2am-8am. The weather was great and the night beautiful. The fishing was slow at Lake Sonoma here in Northern California, but it was still a blast.

1bigfish
Looks like just a couple of two pounders for you my friend. How come you didn't have any smallies. You should be a master at smallies by now.:D

F
flippinbaits
haha...i wasn't trying to get n e smallies... (actually i didn't know they were in there) i weighed in three fish. all around two pounds for 5.9oz i think. enough for 5th place and a bit of cash.

i tried to force a lipless bite but it didn't work :think:

G
gonefirefighting
no motors eh? looks like a tourney right up my alley, when is the next one?

F
flippinbaits
no motors allowed. must be in a float tube or pontoon boat. next tournament is late aug at Highland Springs located right next to the famous Clear Lake

G
gonefirefighting
flippinbaits said:
no motors allowed. must be in a float tube or pontoon boat. next tournament is late aug at Highland Springs located right next to the famous Clear Lake

gotta web link? might bring down the 5th wheel

1bigfish
flippinbaits said:
i tried to force a lipless bite but it didn't work :think:

Come on you should know better then to force a lipless bite on LMB in a lake. It is fine to do that for smallies on a river but you know better then to try that on LMB on a lake. However it is time you start fishing the chatterbait. I already know what you can do with a spinnerbait and a curly tail grub, and I'm telling you the catterbait will work with your style of fishing. I say fish it for two whole trips and by the end of those two trips you will be better at using it then me. Stay away from the cheap knock-off and go for the original chatterbait.

Ones of these days I will have to give you a call.

F
flippinbaits
1bigfish said:
Come on you should know better then to force a lipless bite on LMB in a lake. It is fine to do that for smallies on a river but you know better then to try that on LMB on a lake. However it is time you start fishing the chatterbait. I already know what you can do with a spinnerbait and a curly tail grub, and I'm telling you the catterbait will work with your style of fishing. I say fish it for two whole trips and by the end of those two trips you will be better at using it then me. Stay away from the cheap knock-off and go for the original chatterbait.

Ones of these days I will have to give you a call.

i fished a big 3/4 oz chatterbait blk/bl for a while there. i didn't get touched on it. but i have faith i will do well with it.

i think i am headed up to oregon next week dave, i'll give u a call soon.

gonefirefighting: search sonoma county belly boat bass club on google. you will find the link with info and forum, but i dont want to post it on this thread since i dont think the mods would like it

C
Combat Chuck
flippinbaits said:
gonefirefighting: search sonoma county belly boat bass club on google. you will find the link with info and forum, but i dont want to post it on this thread since i dont think the mods would like it

I think you'd be fine to post it. What I have seen on this forum is that as long as it not just spam your fine... unless there has been a major shake-up recently :think: This place has always been more relaxed than most forums.