Pond by Michaels' Crafts

I
Ifishforfood
anybody ever fished that pond by michaels crafts? it looks like a bass and catfish hole to me...

M
meluvtrout
It's the one next to Starbucks, right? That's a killer catfish zone, you should definitely hit it. Bring back some reports...

G
Growbug
Which Micheals? Which Starbucks? Which zipcode?

B
BobbiDollPDX
I thought it was the one by the Chevron station.

I
Ifishforfood
good! i was hoping for that. its the pond directly across the street from michaels crafts just east of the i-205 bridge. there is a hotel on one side of the pond as well. so meluvtrout, what should i use as far as bait, if were talking about the same pond? worms? i plan on going this monday.

Last edited:
M
meluvtrout
No dude, I don't do ponds, they are evil. Ask fishtopher, he's a big time catfisher...

T
TTFishon
I'd try a half a night crawler on the bottom.

D
durantmatt
Ifishforfood said:
anybody ever fished that pond by michaels crafts? it looks like a bass and catfish hole to me...

Are you talking about the michaels in Springfield near the gateway mall?

I
Ifishforfood
no, its in northeast portland, in an industrial area, with a loop that goes around the pond.

B
bassman503
It's near airport way and across from burger king next to Shiloh Inn or Hilton i think.

I
Ifishforfood
we have a winner! yeah, thats the one im talking about. im hoping that since its such a small pond that finding fish probably wont be too hard. i was also wondering if there were any crappie in that pond, since its connected to the slough, it should have some. and from what ive heard, crappies bite good in the winter.

T
Troutier Bassier
I know what you're talking about. Never fished it, but its on my list.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Wouldn't eat anything that came out of that water, and wouldn't touch my face/eyes/mouth/belly button without sanitizing my hands first - but C&R might be fun.

S
ShdwmnkyX
A while ago there was a post about there being some good sized bass in there even if it is too cold for them unless you're Colby. However someone mentioned TSA either patrolling it or owning it so you might get groped for your trouble.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
ShdwmnkyX said:
A while ago there was a post about there being some good sized bass in there even if it is too cold for them unless you're Colby. However someone mentioned TSA either patrolling it or owning it so you might get groped for your trouble.

They better buy me dinner first, or at least lie to me and tell me they love me before I'd allow them to grope me :p I'm not THAT easy, no matter what my wife says.