Polynesian boar

M
Mad dog
My youngest took this nice hog sunday evening on the big island of Hawaii. He had the golden opportunity to spend most of the summer on the big island and didn't waste any time getting into the action! He actually had applied and had his Hawaii license before he left Oregon! :D

He killed this boar on the slopes of Mona Kea, he had been out hunting all afternoon when the weather began to get pretty crappy with rain and fog rolling in. It was getting late and he was heading back towards his rig when he saw fresh sheep tracks with dry dirt turned up in them. They were leading to a small meadow so he followed them down towards the meadow, he never saw the sheep but spotted this hog feeding quite a distance away. The hog fed behind some dirt mounds and ridges allowing him to stalk within 6 yds! Can you say Luau!!! :lol:

Daniel with his boar tied to the top of his grandmother's Rav4.
IMG_0294.jpg
A close up of the tusk's.
IMG_0290.jpg
Daniel set the timer and took the best attempt he could at getting a few pic's of himself with the pig....pretty tough with the fog and darkness rolling in!
IMG_0287.jpg

T
Throbbit _Shane
very cool!!

W
waco
thats a PIG!!!! nice i can't wait to start hunting for the first time with my bow!!!! :clap:

S
skunk
Like I said, you guys are the fun family!!! Good job, great boar.

B
Bassleg
Now that's a nice pig and I love pork chops. Looks like a nice shot too.

H
Hawk
Well Done Bro.
I have many happy memories from the "Big Island'. :lol::lol::lol:
We have BBQued pig ona spit,
& also wrapped in leaves or burlap bags-underground...YUM

:clap::clap::clap:
:dance::dance:
:cool::cool:
:D:D:D

R
RunWithSasquatch
Thats about as cool as it gets :clap:... I'd love to get into some of the feral swine in Oregon