Poll: What species do you fish for the most?

Poll: What species do you fish for the most?

• Coho/Chinook Salmon

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Chum Salmon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trout

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Carp

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Bass

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Bluegill/Catfish/Crappie/Other

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I fish for compliments

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
S
sapo
What species of fish do you fish for the most each year? (That's different from which species you catch the most, lol). So what type of fish do you fish for the most each year? When I go salmon fishing, there's always like 10 other guys..when I go trout fishing, almost nobody, so I'm curious.

Go ahead and comment how many of these you actually catch each year.

Just realized I forgot to put in steelhead...comment if you fish for steelhead the most.

Last edited:
P
pinstriper
I think it may be a mistake to lump coho and chinook together. They <del>are</del> can be very different fisheries and conditions.

I have to riff for a moment, as I near the close of my rookie season, that I am not sure I am so excited about catching and eating a trout or bass, which has me re-thinking my viewpoint on C&R. I begin to see the light of C&R because it allows you to C without the obligation of eating the thing. Not that I dislike trout per se, I just dislike fish bones.

My interest in larger/meatier fish waxes strong. As does my interest in smaller panfish. I would happily catch a mess of rockfish, or steelhead, or salmon, or crappie, over trout or bass fishing.

C_Run
C_Run
The list seems incomplete unless that's just your list. Sorry. I guess salmon is the one I fish for the most off the list.

Markk
Markk
Kokanee would be 2nd on my list

F
Fishpdx
Carp 1st
Trout 2nd
Bluegill/crappie/ 3rd
Bass 4th.

hobster
hobster
Steelhead!! And trout #2

S
sapo
C_Run said:
The list seems incomplete unless that's just your list. Sorry. I guess salmon is the one I fish for the most off the list.

Ya C_Run, in retrospect I shoulda added more species in the poll..But i don't think u can edit polls

S
sapo
pinstriper said:
I think it may be a mistake to lump coho and chinook together. They <del>are</del> can be very different fisheries and conditions.

I have to riff for a moment, as I near the close of my rookie season, that I am not sure I am so excited about catching and eating a trout or bass, which has me re-thinking my viewpoint on C&R. I begin to see the light of C&R because it allows you to C without the obligation of eating the thing. Not that I dislike trout per se, I just dislike fish bones.

My interest in larger/meatier fish waxes strong. As does my interest in smaller panfish. I would happily catch a mess of rockfish, or steelhead, or salmon, or crappie, over trout or bass fishing.

Oh ya I'm definitely a C&R guy when it comes to trout/bass/whatever isn't a steelhead or salmon. Really it's too much work to eat a trout to me, lol, guess I'm getting lazy. But once you catch enough of a species, you really have no motivation to keep them. And, I release all wild trout anyway.

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Sir you forgot STEELHEAD!!!!!!!

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
Technically he DIDN'T leave OFF Steelhead,being Steelhead is trout!!

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Technically my arse!

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
:popcorn:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Please respect sapo and his thread by not making this adversarial. Personal differences need to be discussed, but confrontational discussions need to happen in private messages. Thanks, gentlemen. :)

troutdude
troutdude
Good reminder Barb!

My selection is:

H) All of the above.

(except you won't catch me...pun intended...on the ocean)

B
bubs
I have a thing for trying to catch as many different species as I can when I go out. Multi species days are the best, for me....Back to the question though - trout!

C
ChezJfrey
Steelhead weren't 'forgotten' from the list. It's a Jedi mind-trick.

These are not the fish you're looking for.

If this works, soon the rivers will be void of anglers during steelhead season (which is nearly year-round) and I'll have them all to myself!

Keep up the good work Padawan sapo ;)

T
Throbbit _Shane
Bass is what I'm usually after, but I'm happy with anything that bites.

Sent from my RCT6773W22B using Tapatalk

T
troutmasta
ChezJfrey said:
Steelhead weren't 'forgotten' from the list. It's a Jedi mind-trick.

These are not the fish you're looking for.

If this works, soon the rivers will be void of anglers during steelhead season (which is nearly year-round) and I'll have them all to myself!

Keep up the good work Padawan sapo ;)

Hey darksider...

I am one with force as well and with out steelhead, Id be inclined to force choke some people-

Ya the list needs steel, but salmon are still more rewarding-

Last edited by a moderator: