Polebender Invitational

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
xltom said:
say what? what paper? link?

He means the banner page of OFF.

And it really is great photo! Well done Dave!

T
the_intimidator03
Looked like yall had a great time. I need to get a better rod than my 5' 6 light action for bass. Kind of hard tossing poppers and spinnerbaits with that...

brandon4455
brandon4455
the_intimidator03 said:
Looked like yall had a great time. I need to get a better rod than my 5' 6 light action for bass. Kind of hard tossing poppers and spinnerbaits with that...
get a 7ft medium action spinnng or casting. not to stiff and not too noodle-like

T
the_intimidator03
I know what I need LOL just dont have the money for it. Never been a hardcore bass fisher. Most of my life ive used ultra light 5 ft and light action 5 1/2 foot. I also have used 3/8 and 5/8th oz spinner baits and poppers and cranks on the ultra light for smallies on the columbia. even got a nice 19 inch smallie on a rooster tail out of dorena with it. It will work its just not effective.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
When I'm fishing jigs and sencos I like a heavy tip, stiff rod with lighter line so I can really feel that "tick" of them inhaling it. Some people like to watch their line and while I do that, I'm predominately a 'feel' type of angler.

T
tomriker
using light line is bad news to me, i've lost a retarded amount of jigs before i switched to 50# line, now i only loose em when i think i have a bite.. and burry the hook into a tree 5-10ft under water:mad:

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
tomriker said:
using light line is bad news to me, i've lost a retarded amount of jigs before i switched to 50# line, now i only loose em when i think i have a bite.. and burry the hook into a tree 5-10ft under water:mad:

Well, I don't mean 'light' line. I mean lighter, to be interpreted as a line that is soft and light enough in weight to allow you keep a moderate amount of pressure on the line (without moving the jig or impeding the fish's ability to pick it up) so as to allow the vibration if the fish inhaling the bait to make it to the tip the rod as efficiently as possible... But that's just how I like to do it...

T
TTFishon
I'm a light line kinda guy. I'm slowly moving up though. I got 8 on now and I think I'm going to switch to 10lb. lol

T
tomriker
come on TT just throw some 50 on there and be done with it!

T
TTFishon
I need to get a left handed bait caster first. lol

C
colbypearson
you can fish 20lb braid on a spinning rod easily lots of guys do!

R
ryan808
I use 10/14 FC on most of my rods and 30 lbs braid for that jig at TR place, I can attest to losing a crap load of jigs at his place.

brandon4455
brandon4455
colbypearson said:
you can fish 20lb braid on a spinning rod easily lots of guys do!

i have!!!!

T
TTFishon
Hmm. Maybe I will get some braid then.

F
Finneus Polebender
ryan808 said:
I use 10/14 FC on most of my rods and 30 lbs braid for that jig at TR place, I can attest to losing a crap load of jigs at his place.

Still say before it gets murky and after it warms up I need to get my stepson jessie and we will dive that wicked tree pile and get our jigs back , might have to do a little swimbait hunting too LOL.

C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:
Still say before it gets murky and after it warms up I need to get my stepson jessie and we will dive that wicked tree pile and get our jigs back , might have to do a little swimbait hunting too LOL.

hooks rust fast and swimbaits turn white when wet for too long haha

brandon4455
brandon4455
colbypearson said:
hooks rust fast and swimbaits turn white when wet for too long haha

oh bummer!!! ha

T
tomriker
itd still be fun to see how much crap is down there on the tree