Polebender Invitational

F
Finneus Polebender
Took a few pics! P3220495.jpgP3220506.jpgP3220502.jpgP3220499.jpgP3220501.jpgP3220500.jpgP3220511.jpgP3220496.jpgP3220498.jpgP3220497.jpg

F
Finneus Polebender
Last run.P3220516.jpgP3220528.jpgP3220514.jpgP3220519.jpgP3220524.jpgP3220522.jpgP3220521.jpgP3220513.jpgP3220512.jpgP3220527.jpg My wife family and I would like to thank all the great folks who made this a wonderful event everyone was great wish the catchin was as good as the weather and the company but we will keep workin on gettin that date right in future years . Congratulations to the winners and thanks to all who helped make this possible especially the owners Wayne and Pam , my Wonderful Wife and family, and all those who helped with set up, prizes , and all who donated to Jeannas mission. look forward to seeing as many of you next year as possible FP

C
colbypearson
and here is what the "prize" has been used for, already breaking her in!!

awesome to see all you guys in person, that was one of the coolest gatherings i have attended!

ryans rod.jpg

X
xltom
bernduffy said:
There was some confusion as to what the other two fish (besides Colby's bass) were. Not a carp, a Largescale sucker. Look here:

Largescale Sucker - Montana Field Guide

Never seen one before.

Wait what? That doesn't look anything like a carp? Joe sounded pretty sure that the 2 fish he caught were carp...

Had a blast by the way... it was great to meet everyone. I'm stoked that I was able to get my motor back together in time to participate. Thanks Fin.. and everyone who contributed..

C
colbypearson
xltom said:
Wait what? That doesn't look anything like a carp? Joe sounded pretty sure that the 2 fish he caught were carp...

Had a blast by the way... it was great to meet everyone. I'm stoked that I was able to get my motor back together in time to participate. Thanks Fin.. and everyone who contributed..

lol i kept saying it was a sucker hahahaha, nice to meet you up there

F
Finneus Polebender
xltom said:

Bernie is correct large scale sucker river dweller normally I just tend to call all suckers carp My salmon buddy calls them hoovers , probably infiltrated pond during high water events via irrigation canals .

N
nwkiller
well, sounds like the sun tans were more prevelant then the fish, looks like you guys had a great time. great looking pond, someday ill get there. Course colby pulls the 1 fish, damn pro. the way i look at it is, a skunk can't bring down an amazing oregon spring day. Wish i could have made it! great pics too!

N
nwkiller
sorry and the large scales too

C
colbypearson
it was a super nice day, even just meeting everyone was awesome... i promise that rod will be put to good use, i have already got a ton of bass on it in one day :)

T
Thuggin4Life
Didn't know so many photos of me were taken in secrecy. lol. Had a great time and even managed to catch a buzz and a sunburn. nice to meet everyone thanks fp for the invite.

brandon4455
brandon4455
colbypearson said:
it was a super nice day, even just meeting everyone was awesome... i promise that rod will be put to good use, i have already got a ton of bass on it in one day :)

i guess you were right with the "we will see about that" if i didn't miss that one strike i would have a had a chance. look forward to fishing with you again colby.

M
Melly Bait
OK... So I am so grateful for the FP family.. Mr. Darthbeans and I had a blast... So much in fact that I created my self a profile.. just so I can join in on the chatty fun... Here is the one and only pic I took.. Right at "Blast Off" Thank you EVERYONE for everything... you guys rock! Melody (aka Darthbeans's other half.. or Now known as Melly Bait... )

Reactions: JeannaJigs
T
tomriker
nice picture MB, if only it was another month or 2 thats PERFECT topwater action water :)

S
sherman
Thanks for the invite to your place TR. I just wasn't feeling up to it when I heard the piter pater of rain on my camper roof & I was worn out from yesterday. From what colby posted about breaking in his new rod I should have draged my rear end out of bed. So just how many got slayed at your place?

M
Melly Bait
Thanks TR.. Top water fishing is my most fav.. There is nothing quite like getting that explosion...

Reactions: beaverfan
T
tomriker
sherman said:
Thanks for the invite to your place TR. I just wasn't feeling up to it when I heard the piter pater of rain on my camper roof & I was worn out from yesterday. From what colby posted about breaking in his new rod I should have draged my rear end out of bed. So just how many got slayed at your place?

between all of us that were out today i'd say 60 or 70 fish EASY in our boat we didn't have anything under 2 and ahalf-3 pounds colby was slayin em

brandon4455
brandon4455
tomriker said:
between all of us that were out today i'd say 60 or 70 fish EASY in our boat we didn't have anything under 2 and ahalf-3 pounds colby was slayin em

ill be sneaking over there when you are not looking :lol: just dont try to throw me in the water again LOL id rather be shot. colby told me he got around 30 fish all over 2 lbs and a few pushing 5.

J
JeannaJigs
:( sheesh!! I tried hard and got nothin'. Time to return to my previously scheduled steelhead programming lol

S
sherman
tomriker said:

This is me:wall:

C
colbypearson
sherman said:
This is me:wall:

this is me :lol:

wish you woulda tagged along :confused: :(