Plunking for springers - Rogue River

B
backlash
Hi folks...

Visiting Southern Oregon Coastal area. I understand that the Springers are coming into the Rogue. Any help appreciated but mainly can anyone point me to a public access point so I can plunk from the bank? Or is there a better technique for the Springers on the Rogue.

Thanks in advance
Backlash

M
Mad dog
backlash said:
Hi folks...

Visiting Southern Oregon Coastal area. I understand that the Springers are coming into the Rogue. Any help appreciated but mainly can anyone point me to a public access point so I can plunk from the bank? Or is there a better technique for the Springers on the Rogue.

Thanks in advance
Backlash

The lower river mostly. Lot's of guys drive out onto the gravelbar at lobster creek and plunk, some days it can be decent.

B
backlash
Lobster Creek

Lobster Creek

Mad dog said:
The lower river mostly. Lot's of guys drive out onto the gravelbar at lobster creek and plunk, some days it can be decent.

Thanks Mad dog... I believe you responded to a post from last Oct - I was up in the Bandon area (Sixes River). Thanks again. Is Lobster Creek accessible by 2WD truck this time of year?

F
fredaevans
With all the rain we've had of late I wouldn't recommend you go 'out there' in a 2wd.

Fred

E
eat, sleep, fish
Lobster Creek would probably be the best place to start. I've been hearing reports that even the bankies have been catching limits the last few days. The good spots are pretty limited with the high water, but if you're able to get one you should get into fish.

M
Mad dog
backlash said:
Thanks Mad dog... I believe you responded to a post from last Oct - I was up in the Bandon area (Sixes River). Thanks again. Is Lobster Creek accessible by 2WD truck this time of year?

Ya, I think a 2wd could make it depending on the river level, it's pretty solid. Try some bigger spin-n-glo's with a double hook sandshrimp/roe combo.

And post pic's if you get into them!

B
backlash
Hey folks... Went to Huntley Park on the Rogue a few days ago - rained all day long. My 1 ton dually did NOT like staying on top of the gravel - matter of fact I helped 4 others get their truck out. I guess all the rain softened up the sand under the gravel..

Anyway.... in 8 hours I saw one guy land a nice hatchery Springer, about 18 pounds but just as fresh as a daisy and as silver as the inside of clouds..... Just before that, and slightly out of eye sight, another guy lost his unattended rod, reel, and what must have been one heck of a fish. Funny in a "laughing with you" sort of way. It wasn't an expensive rig so I guess he took it OK.... except for the MISSED THE FISH part of it.

Thanks for all the advice etc = appreciate it.

Backlash