plunking below bonneville

kirkster
kirkster
Hi all, New to the forum and so far it has been an awesome expierience conversing with all the members.:D I have a question about bank fishing below bonneville on the oregon side ive never fished these waters and if any of you could share with me on how to rig up, to fish this area.Like I said I havent fished there so even a hint on where to park would help. thanks::pray:

F
FishSchooler
Well, right now the plunker hole is closed.
If you drive through the gates of bonneville, take a left and you'll see a "Tanner Creek Fish Hatchery" sign, keep going on that road, you'll cross a bridge into the "Tanner Creek Fishing Area". You can not fish at the mouth of the creek as of august 16, so you have to walk 400 yds downstream to the deadline. Im not sure you would want to plunk there though, cause pretty soon everyone will be casting spinners.

T
TXfishingguy
Sorry this is a serious noob question but what does plunking mean?

kirkster
kirkster
plunking is just casting out and fishing on the bottom

L
luv2fish
to be very exact..plunking is to throw anything with weight....doesn't matter whether bottom or hover fishing....the key is just throw with some weight and stationary.....
didn't meant to correct ya..but that bottom fishing part kinda draw my attention....

kirkster
kirkster
No problem