Plunking a steelhead

F
Fishallday
I just want to know where to fish steel head. Anybody can give me any direction where to fish. Maybe your secret hole. Thanks again. I live downtown portland

J
JeannaJigs
There's this one river by my house, in Oregon, that has some steelheads in it. The best hole is where the sewage treatment plant dumps water back into the river. They say it's clean, but that water's touched poop. Either way, I digress, good fishin there in that there river.

F
Fishallday
?

Last edited:
R
RunWithSasquatch
Whoaaa I think you need to rethink that comment. Sounds like you're a little sensitive.

troutdude
troutdude
IDK. I kinda like Jigsy's reply.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Fishallday said:

Looks like you rethought, or had it rethought for you.

R
RunWithSasquatch
troutdude said:
IDK. I kinda like Jigsy's reply.

I think you missed what FishAllDay said.

J
JeannaJigs
Excuse me?!!! I got an email with your original response. You can't be asking a BROAD question and then in the same breath ask for people's secret holes, no one is going to give them up on a publicly viewable thread. Read the archives, do some foot work, get on the water and find your own. I sure wont be giving you ANY information, ever, based on your original response. Sure, you edited it, but I don't care..

L
Letemgo
Fishallday, on January 17th you posted a thread asking for some fishing advice and we talked about the kind of water suited for your new boat. I thought there was some really good diologue going on there. Too bad you did not pick up on it. No one here or anywhere else is goint to take you by the hand and lead you to the water. you have to learn by doin'. So get out there and do some doin'. I'd let you follow me down river sometime but your boat is not suited to where we drift. Steve

R
rippin fish lips
JeannaJigs said:
Excuse me?!!! I got an email with your original response. You can't be asking a BROAD question and then in the same breath ask for people's secret holes, no one is going to give them up on a publicly viewable thread. Read the archives, do some foot work, get on the water and find your own. I sure wont be giving you ANY information, ever, based on your original response.

Yes!! I dont give out any of my holes on a publicly viewable thread. And looking for your own water is da best thing to do! No one is around except maybe a buddy. Everything is peicefull and you end up catching big fish out of it when you master it!

18406ej
18406ej
I didn't get a chance to see Fishallday's original response to Jenna's reply (which I thought was quite witty given the circumstances) but it looks like he did reconsider and edit his post. We all make slight errors in judgement sometimes, hopefully Fishallday will stay on the forum, learn what he can from the information available, and become a contributing member as his skills and experience increase.

C
crusty old fisherman
showing somone your favorite fishing hole is like loaning out your girlfriend lol heck any more I have gotten to where I only take real close friends to spots I really love to fish , and with the understanding they dont say where it was or what color plug, lure or anything we used.

I actually paint all my own kwikfish and you wont see them hanging over the side of my boat ever. very few people know the colors I use. some have gotten a glimpse and tried to make them but I mix my own paints even so they are never quite right.

that being said am i convinced they are better then other colors? heck no I just know they do good for me when ever I use them.

fishing is a game of secrets of you tell to many people your secrets they arent secrets any more lol

I used to fish with a guy quite a bit until I noticed that every time we went and did well he was blabbin to every person he ran into where we fished what we used and what color it was, that fellow is a bank angler these days lol

I dont mind helping a guy out on what area to go or what kind of lure to use and how to fish but I am not going to hand out my colors unless I am just using off the shelf stuff , and I am not going to point you to exact holes unless they are holes that get lots of traffic anyway you just can't do those things

crusty

Last edited:
F
fishingfreak
18406ej said:
I didn't get a chance to see Fishallday's original response to Jenna's reply (which I thought was quite witty given the circumstances) but it looks like he did reconsider and edit his post. We all make slight errors in judgement sometimes, hopefully Fishallday will stay on the forum, learn what he can from the information available, and become a contributing member as his skills and experience increase.

:clap::clap:

I agree good response!

I also agree I would not give up my honey holes to no one except my personal fishing buddies and family! Especially on an open forum! Any new members that read this Don't post like this! Make a thread and ask questions about river info not personal holes. PM other members for info on there posts or past threads! Do research ask questions thats what I did! If they don't want to give up info move on! I will give out river info and tips all day but not personal holes!

FF

J
JeannaJigs
I give up some info via pm, usually I have no issue helping people in the right direction. Telling me you want to inflict physical harm (towards a female especially) if you ever run into me on the river (which is the explitive free translation of what our friend here said to me) however is when I draw a line and I tell a person where I think they should go. If anyone has questions, I'm pretty forth coming in person and via pm, but some stuff you have to learn on your own by putting in the work. All that said, don't be like this guy and you will get far in the world of advice, but honey holes are a very private subject.

F
Fishallday
Even you guys dont see my first response. I apologize to everybody here in forum. Im just new in fishing. So i dont how how to deal with it. I asked question that i thought i get the right answer. By the way i apologize to evrybody and im sorry again. Hopefully u guys still can teach me how to fish. And once for all i apologize and im very sorry.Hopefully im still welcome here in this forum!!!

Last edited: